Chapter Three

Immediately I turn towards the door as Slater flings it open. I feel my eyes widen as I take in the man standing in the doorway. A full dark beard covering his chin and cheeks, those dark eyes. I shiver and turn away.

"Char, come here and meet Wyatt. Him and Slater have been best friends forever!"

I look over to find Carlie waving me over enthusiastically. I sigh and mentally prepare myself. I turn around and walk towards the foyer where the man is taking off his shoes.

"Hello, I'm Charlotte, I just spoke with you over the phone." I hold out my hand to him. I watch him lift his eyes slowly.

"Wyatt, Wyatt Daniels. Nice to meet you. Thank you for welcoming me into your territory and home." As soon as his hand meets mine I feel the spark.

I gasp quietly and drop my hand. He raises his brows quizzically and then his eyes turn knowingly.

"You're my mate!" He reaches for me and I back up quickly. He doesn't relent and reaches for me a second time.

"Please don't touch me!" I take a few steps back and hold up my hands.
He growls threateningly and I notice his eyes flash back and forth quickly. Slater steps between us and puts his hand on Wyatt's chest.

"Hold on a second man. Just cool it. Let's go into the living room and sit down. Everyone." Slater nods at him and Wyatt visibly relaxes. I see the tension roll right off.

We all make our way to the living room. Carlie chooses to sit next to me and reaches over to grab my hand. I turn thoughts over in my head and bite my lip roughly. What am I going to do now? I own a club where I dominate people, never would Wyatt understand or let me continue. I built that place on my own. Hell, I had just opened up and actually told my sister where I disappear to most of the time. She had been understanding. And now as she sat her stroking my hand, I know she's thinking the same thing. 

"So are you going to reject me then?" Wyatt spits those words with venom. I clench my teeth and look towards the floor.

"No. I don't plan on doing that." I say softly.

"Then why the hell can't I touch you!" He starts to sit forwards as if to come towards me again. I bite my lip and look away.

"We'll talk later in private. How about we have dinner before it gets cold anymore than it already is."

I let go of Carlie's hand and stand on my feet. Not looking back, I make my way to the dining room and start dishing out servings. I hear a low cry and Carlie's soft, warm voice. I smile to myself as I watch her come into the room. Slater and Wyatt follow close behind. Of course Wyatt takes the seat right across from me and stares at me with those brooding eyes. I dig into my food with as much enthusiasm as I can muster. There's an awkward silence around the table. I clear my throat.

"Tell me about yourself Wyatt." He looks at me for a second before he sets his form down and begins speaking.

"Well I grew up in a small town called Belfast, Maine. No siblings. I took over the Alpha position from my father about a year and a half ago. He's now traveling and vacationing with my mother. Last I heard they were in England. My pack isn't very big. Now that I've found my mate maybe our packs can merge or you can find someone to take over for you."

"Excuse me? Because I'm mated to you I can't be an Alpha now? What kind of shit is that!" I exclaim as I drop my fork.

"Charlotte, calm down. What's he's saying is reasonable. You can't stay here and run this pack as Alpha and be Wyatt's Luna. It's not possible." Carlie tries reasoning with me softly.

I shake my head and continue eating slowly. "It's not fair for you or him to just expect me to give up my position because I'm mated to fucking Alpha!"

Dean starts to cry softly and I immediately regret screaming. Slater and Carlie excuse themselves and leave me alone with Wyatt at the table. He clears his throat and I look up.

"I'm not expecting you to want to give up your position. I'm just saying that's what would be best, for both of our packs."

"I own a club downtown. It's called Hot Damn. It's a bdsm club. I don't expect you to understand, but it's my baby. Something I built from the ground up." I say as I twist my fork nervously.

I hear his fork hit his plate and he takes a deep breath. A long threatening growl echoes around the room. I continue to speak.

"Even if you don't want me to continue to dominate people there, I still have to be present. The weaker wolves need me, especially for the emotional stuff. I'm their comfort. So for you, I'll stop with the dominating stuff but I still need to be there."

"I'm not sure I'm okay with that. That would mean you would have to touch other people. You're my mate. I don't want anyone touching you or the other way around."

"I can't help it. I have no bond with them, no emotion. It's them who are dependent on me. I set this club up when I realized some of my wolves weren't getting the stability they needed. Now they do. I don't see a bad side to this. Except you getting jealous when someone touches me."

Wyatt sighs deep in his throat. "I'm not saying I'm okay with this. How about tomorrow or something we take a trip and I'll see how I like it? But don't expect me to be okay with it if it's too much."

I smile gratefully and reach out to grab his hand. I give it a squeeze. My stomach knots nervously.

"Thank you Wyatt."

Authors note:

There's chapter three! Anyone want to give me their opinion on how it's going? It would be greatly appreciated.