.3- Mad

Here I was, standing in front of the incubator watching the big egg that would soon be my priority. I smiled as I saw a little shadow inside of the egg moving.

"You get attached to them pretty quick," Owen said, slipping into the chair beside me. I nodded. "They just look so defenseless, it's almost impossible to believe that a huge, dangerous animal is actually alive in there." I admitted, tucking a strand of my dark hair behind my ears.

"I remember when I saw the raptors hatch. They were so small, yet dangerous. Then I had to raise them, train them, it was as if I was a parent." He laughed, shaking his head.

"The thing is, creating a bond with these animals is the only thing that will keep you alive." Then he looked at me, his eyes glowing against the incubator's light. I straightened up, trying to get rid of the awkward feeling I had.

"The relationship between you and them is the only thing that the others won't have with them. They trust you, so harming them in some way- even if it's just a little pinch, will make them lose all of their trust, and might even kill you." I nodded, licking my dry lips.

"I wonder how this one might be," I leaned a little closer, examining the computer screen next to the egg. I was slightly hoping that it would hatch sooner, because if she did, then I wouldn't have to keep embarrassing myself in front of Owen.

"This one will hatch in a few days, Ms. Silver." I heard a voice coming from the other side of the laboratory. I looked up, and recognized the Asian man wearing a white, traditional lab coat. He walked over to us, extending his right hand. I stood up, quickly noticing our height difference, and shook his hand. "I am Dr. Wu, nice to meet you." I nodded. "My pleasure."

-

I watched as Owen walked to the other side of the catwalk, clicking and directing the raptors to the other side, facing him.

I was currently watching him train his raptors, from a safe view, of course.

"Down, down!" He said, gesturing with his hands. A roar was heard, and then Owen said, "Don't give me that shit, Blue!"

I suppressed a laugh. They were like children.

I spent the rest of the evening watching him practice with the raptors, learning his tactics and adoring his respect towards them.

"So, what do you think, Gwen?" Owen asked, damping his forehead with a wet towel. I smiled. "You're amazing with them! I can't believe you're the alpha." He smiled. "It's not as easy as it seems, today was actually one of the easiest days, actually."

I stood up, brushing off the non-existent dirt off my khaki shorts. "Well, I'm going to check out the incubator, if you don't mind." He shook his head, "Of course not, go ahead."

It had been a few hours since I last checked onthe egg, and I was excited to see it again; maybe it would hatch sooner thanpredicted. I took the last turn, to the right, and stopped in front of thelaboratory's door. Some hushed voices were heard from inside. I pressed myear to the door, trying to make out the words. "The Indominus Rex is about tohatch soon, of course." Dr. Wu. "She's bigger than the T-Rex, I heard." That voicewas strange, I hadn't heard it before. "Yes, taller, bigger, and has betterabilities. She would be of greater advantage in war, Vic."

Vic? Who is this Vic he speaks of?

The other man let out a rough laugh. "That sounds great. I love your intelligence, Wu." Then I heard some steps coming towards the door, and I quickly ran to the other end of the hallway, slowly walking back towards the lab, just as the door opened.

"Excuse me," The man, Vic- I think, said as he shoved past me. I turned around, focusing on his clothing.

Something was going on, and all I knew was that it was about something called the Indominus Rex, which of course isn't a type of dinosaur.

I walked into the lab, smiling at Dr. Wu, who gave me a silent nod as he tapped onto his computer screen. I wasn't going to ask him about the dinosaur or what his relationship with Vic was, but I needed to find out some more.

This wasn't something I was going to brush off, not now.

Hope you like the chapter, guys! total of 760 words!!!!

Have a nice day!

Please do vote, comment, and fan!

-Angie