Chapter 10

Work is a drag and my house is in another shit storm due to Toni having sex. I watch as Katylen and Sean talk. She looks so timid and small next to Sean. They start yelling and then its quiet. I cant even imagine whats going through Katylens head.

Sean looks away from her and then pulls her into a hug making me relax a little. She looks up at his face and a smile spreads across it.

She nods and hugs him. I look away and feel guilty by the pang of jealousy i feel.

I turn and head back into the surf shop. Its empty like it normally is right before we go back to school. The beach is all but empty. There are a few people here and there but its mostly locals. I move and sit on the counter playing with my class ring. I spin it on my finger and stare off into space.

"Earth to Ana." I look up and Jocelyn has her hands on her hips laughing at me.

"Sorry I have a lot on my mind." I say.

"I can tell." I nod but dont say anything back to him. I move to grab my car keys and a hand stops me. I look up and Jocelyn shakes her head.

"Im not gonna let you drive until you clear your head. Go take a walk on the beach." I nod and leave. I look out the window and Tristan is looking at me. I move out of the store and start out to the beach.

Tristan moves towards me with a look in his eyes. I raise and eyebrow but he doesnt stop he grabs my arm and pulls me with him. I barley get my footing as he drags me down a path to the beach. He stops and turns. Fire is lite in his eyes and I cant figure it out. He lets go of my arm and stares at me.

"Tristan what is going on?" I ask.

"I have to tell you something and I dont know how your going to take it and I figured if I told you here it would give you enough room to take off." He says.

"OK." I prompt.

"Ana I think im inlove with you." He says.

"What." I say.

"I am inlove with you." He repeats.

My heart feela like its going to explode. He stares at me with a terrified look and I can relate. He has bared all and stepped out onto a ledge of hope.

"I think im inlove with you too." I say. He sighs and pulls me to him. His lips meet mine and everything disappears its just me and him. His lips feel warm against mine and our bodies fit perfectly against one another. We pull apart and I look up Into his eyes.

"What are we gonna do?" I ask.

"Well figure it out im not leaving you." He says. I let my head fall against his chest and a tear falls from my face. This summer was my chance at love again.

2 years later.

I sit on the hood of my car at the airport waiting on Tristan. I look at my phone and smile at the picture. He is laughing at me for having icecream on my nose. I look up and Tristan stands in front of me in full uniform. A chocked sob. I fling myself into his arms and he pulls me close.

"Ive missed you." He says.

"Ive missed you too." I say. I lean up and kiss him.

"I love you Tristan." I say.

"I love you too Anna." He says.

Tristan has come back. Ive given him a reason to come back and he has given me a reason to stay. Nothing will be perfect but in this moment I swear I can feel my future falling into place with him by my side.
.....

So I know it was short but I figured you deserved an ending.