2. Three things

Ryuzaki's PoV

He used the group against me. By getting everyone on the task force to agree with him there was no solution without what could be considered a major conflict. I'll definitely need to brush up more on my persuasion techniques if I am going to be this close to Light Yagami.

I set my empty plate down on the table next to the computer I was previously using. Watari will come and get the plate once we leave. We walked to the elevator and descended a few floors to ground level. We walked out of the elevator and to the entrance security system. I took the phone out of my pocket and called Watari.

"Yes, please disable the entrance security systems. Thank you Watari. No we will not be needing transportation. " After the call ended the security system unlocked.  We went through a door to the right, still chained together of course. Then we went through the front door and began walking towards the cafe. it wasn't a far walk, and a little fresh air wouldn't hurt, considering We don't get out much. My identity will be safe, seeing as the second Kira is on her own personal floor being watched by Watari.

it was a short walk, about 10 minutes, but it seemed awkward for some reason. Strange, Light usually has a different air about him. He seems shut off. Whether this has been caused by lack of sleep and malnutrition or perhaps aggravation, it's hard to tell.

"Is something bothering you light?" There was a stark silence. It seemed my question put him in a worse mood. Finally he answered after a minute of thought.

"These days, The brain naturally craves three things, I am simply lacking in these things." The rest of the walk there was silent. However upon reaching the restaurant, light seemed happier. I'm curious, what three things he considers important. There are many things one could consider important, and I am curious which three he believes are most important.

As the waitress brought back our food light seemed especially happy. I had a slice of strawberry cake while light had 6 takoyaki* balls, a bowl of yaki yoba*, and a plate of curry rice*. He's binge eating. He has also been losing weight. He must really hate sweets. I'll have to ask Watari to arrange our food situation to something more suitable for light.

Perhaps this would be a good time to practice some persuasion techniques. If I recall correctly, the best persuasions with single person interactions focus on ethos, logos, and pathos. More simpler put, credibility, logic, and emotions. Light is not one to be easily persuaded by emotions, so best to focus on logic and plausibility. "Light, did you know that keeping things secret is considered detrimental to ones health."

"Ryuzaki, you realize that by working with you, I lie everyday to protect our safety. Or are you still trying to decide if I'm Kira?"

Struck a nerve there didn't I? Perhaps that was to direct. Maybe a more subtle way would be better. " I was merely trying to offer somewhere for you to express your frustrations, that is all."

He seemed surprised at this. After all, I had put him in confinement for a while. And to be honest, I'm still not convinced. In fact I know it is him. Or at least was. His sudden change of attitude during confinement proved that. The real question was did he plan this or did the ability really pass to someone else. I have no doubt he planed this, he is very intelligent. Which is one reason I liked him, he is a great friend. He was the only one in the investigation that understood my way of thinking, sometimes even thinking of it a second before I did.

That's why he's the only person I suspect as Kira. He's the only person who would be able to face me this long and not be caught. The only person that has a chance of winning this game of chess we play. Moving pawns, and taking risks to capture the other, and Whoever losses gets the death penalty.

I'm just not sure if either one of us can accept the fate of the other. Once the game is over, one of us will be extremely bored, and the other, dead.

A/N
--------------------------------
Sorry, I have no excuse for not writing. Just laziness. I'm sorry. I'm just typing it as it comes up In my head. And honestly this is a little harder than I thought.

- August 7, 2015       1:13 AM

--------
Haha, I'm working I swear. I recently got some motivation, you can thank Mel_Lunar . Anyways...
*Takoyaki is round pancake balls, that often have meat inside and is served with Okonomiyaki sauce. It can have a few other ingredients as well.
*yaki yoba is noodles with chicken or beef,  vegetables such as cabbage, celery, and carrots, and is often topped with dried green seaweed
*curry rice is kinda like soup with beef, pork, or chicken in it with some vegetables such as onions, carrots, and potatoes, that is served with rice.

-July 11, 2017

----
Happy trails,
Your author