1. Just a piece of cake

A/N
This chapter accidentally got deleted, so release was delayed because I had to recreate the chapter! I DO NOT own Death Note, it's just a fan-fiction

Light's POV

I'm so freaking hungry, and all L has in this entire building is cake and sweets!?! Of course L won't allow us to get more than six and a half hours of sleep either. Seeing as though most of those hours there is a bright computer screen shining in my face, I'm only be getting about four hours of sleep a night. I laid my head and arms on the table in front of me, causing the chain around my wrist to jingle a bit. I've been staring at a computer monitor for hours, I just want some food and rest. While I'm starving over here, L is eating a piece of cake, and staring at his computer monitor like he has for the past few hours. I wish we could visit the café I love. It's been so long since I've gone there. I think last time I went was with Ryuzaki and we talked about... something. What did we talk about? I think he was questioning if I was Kira? He gave me some photos, and somehow I figured out the secret message that shinigami love apples? But that doesn't make sense, what does that have to do with Kira? I guess I'll look it up on my computer. It has access to all known information on the case. I tilted my head so I could to see the computer. That's right, Kira had some of his victims write a message in three letters. 'L did you know gods of death love apples.' My stomach growled, I haven't had any real food for over a month. At least when your in prison it's not all cake and ice cream.

"You should eat something if your that hungry." A monotoned voice said next to me.

"The only thing in this building is sweets, and I don't like sweet things." I returned as my stomach growled again. I heard his chair creak as he moved. Maybe I could convince him to leave this place long enough to get something real to eat. It's a long shot though.

"Hey Ryuzaki, we should go out to get something to eat" I said as I lifted my head from the table. He is siting like usual, with his knees to his chest, and he is starring at his computer, searching through what was useless information.

"There is no reason to leave. Getting food won't help us catch Kira." He said monotonously.

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Everyone on the task force has been working very hard, I think we all deserve a break." Maybe I could get everyone to back me up on this.

" But all play and no work makes Jack a mere toy. If you wish to argue with me, I ask that you don't shorten things to your will, and..." Matsuda interrupted him.

" I think light is right, we have all been working hard, why don't we take the rest of the day off. It is already noon." Matsuda grabbed his things and was starting to go through the security measures to leave.

"This is not for you to decide Matsuda." Ryuzaki is starting to yell. getting mad just because he isn't getting his way, he truly is childish. My father decided to give his opinion on the subject.

"I'm sure taking the day off won't be to bad. I think our family's would like to spend some time with us too." Everyone else agreed with dad. Ryuzaki sat is silence for a moment.

"Alright, go home, spend some time with your family, but this will not be happening again." That could not have been said anymore monotonously. Ryuzaki and I remained silent until the rest of the task force had left.

"I suppose you still want to go get something to eat, light."

"Yes, I'm starving. Why don't we go to the café we went to after our tennis match?" He took a deep breath.

"I suppose they did have good cake, but we won't be staying there long." Success! I'll get to eat real food for the first time in almost seven weeks.

"Let me tell Watari that we will be leaving." He said as he pulled out a phone from his pocket. He opened it and quickly dialed a number. He told Watari that we would be gone for a little while. He snapped the phone shut and we began our ten minute walk to the café.

A/N
Advice is welcome
I hope you enjoyed it