Chapter 3

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring "Something's Gotta Give," by All Time Low. It was currently 5:30 in the morning. The things I do to stay in shape. Ugh. I sat up in my bed and went to my closet. I got on some Nike Pros, a sport bra, an old school shirt, and my Nike Free Runs. I threw my hair up in a ponytail and started heading downstairs. The house was oddly quiet. Maybe they don't run in the morning. I shrugged and ran out the door. I put my headphones in and started my 3 mile run. 21 minutes later I sat on the porch trying to catch my breath. Holy crap it's never this hot back home. I stood up and went in for a much needed water break. I shut the door and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water and went to the pantry. "Okay you go see who it is." "No would if it's a burglar." What the heck? I grabbed two granola bars and walked out of the pantry. There stood Tyler shirtless with a lamp, Bradley with a shoe, and a shirtless Western with a baseball bat. Well this is weird. "What are y'all doing?" Tyler set the lamp down, "why the fuck are you up at 6 in the morning?" I shrugged, "I went running earlier." Bradley sighed, "You guys woke me up for this?" I grabbed my water bottle and headed upstairs, "well I gotta go take a shower." Okay this family is weird. I went to my bathroom and took a shower. After my shower I blow dried my hair and went to search for my outfit. Okay I need something that doesn't really get me noticed, but will make me fit in. I grabbed a black and white kimono, white tank top from Abrocombie, ripped skinny jeans that I rolled up, my white converse, some earring studs, and an anchor necklace. I decided to braid the top part of my bangs and put it into a messy bun. I looked at myself and was satisfied. Not too eye catchy and not too simple. I grabbed my ray bans and my book bag. I applied some mascara and went to go eat breakfast. I opened the door and ran straight into Hunter. Oh great. He looked down at me and smirked, "I could get use to waking up to you in the morning." I scoffed, "nice to know Hunter." I walked past him and down the stairs. I faintly heard him say, "She wants me." Yeah, he is so wrong. Walking into the kitchen, Misty was cooking breakfast. I sat down at the island and she smiled, "you look cute today." I smiled, "thank you, I just hope the school accepts me." Cody walked in, "trust me they will love you." I sighed. At least I won't make a fool of myself trying to make friends. I just hope nothing goes wrong. Misty put a waffle in front of me and I began to eat. I finished it off by drinking milk. The rest of the guys came stumbling into the kitchen. I stood up and grabbed the lunch Misty made for me. I wandered off to the living room and waited for them to finish. I looked onto my Instagram and nothing was really happening. The feed mostly consisted of what my friends did yesterday. Gosh I miss them so much. "Emily we are leaving." I stood up and walked to the door. Hunter and Western were arguing. "Hey who am I riding with?" Cody shrugged, "no clue." Blake began to walk out the door with a penny board. "Hey Blake!" He turned, "yeah?" I smiled, "do you have another board?" He nodded, "yeah, why?" I walked closer, "can I ride with you?" He handed me his board, "sure, I'll go get my other board." I grabbed his board and set it on the ground. I began to ride. Wes started to follow, "don't fall down the stairs." I laughed. I'll show him. I kicked up and skidded down the railing and landed perfectly. Grace was obsessed with skateboarding, so she taught me some stuff. Blake ran out and down the stairs, "let's go." The ride was filled with conversation of getting to know each other. Soon the building was coming into view. I did a kick flip off the curb and towards the school gates. Blake whistled, "That was sick." I smiled, "thanks dude." Once we entered the school grounds, some people were staring. I waved by to Blake. He waved, "see yah around Emily." Now I have to find the office, to get my schedule. I hopped off the board and picked it up. I headed towards the doors. "Emily!" I turned and saw Cody getting out of the car and running towards me. More people are staring at me. I waited for him to catch up. "What's up?" He smiled, "I have to show you around." I opened the door and walked in. He began to tell me where everything is. Finally we went to the office and I got my schedule.