Chapter 3

My morning started at six o'clock when Chloe decided that was when she was getting up for the day. By seven thirty, she was fed and washed up and changed into something simple. I will put her new dress on her before the party. After I showered and got ready it was nine and my mom would be here soon. Chloe was fussy so I fed her and she fell right to sleep so I laid her down for a nap. After turning on the baby monitor I went back out to the kitchen to wait for my mother and for Sidney to be ready.

My mom knocked at 9:28, the same time Sidney came out of her room. I let my mom in and hug her, thanking her for watching Chloe. I tell her we won't be long and we head out. I wasn't sure what to do with my hair, I liked it the way it was but Sidney convinced me to do the ombré look that seems to be popular these days. While we waited for our hair to be done we made some small talk.

"So, are you going to that One Direction thing that's going on in the mall next week?" Sidney asked me.

"I don't know, Sid, it would be pretty awesome to go and see them but maybe I'm to old to be all excited over a boy band." I give a small laugh, a small pathetic laugh because who was I kidding, I would always get excited for anything relating to One Direction and Sidney knew this, that's why she was giving me the 'uh huh, right' look.

"I'd bet you'd love to meet the oh so handsome Harry Styles," she winks, knowing I'm in love with him, have been ever since they were on the X-Factor.

"Um yeah, that would pretty awesome," I tell her, looking in the mirror at the hair as the lady blow dried it. Really wishing I could her tell that I've already met him.

"I'm so stoked for this party, I think you will have a great time too. You should know mostly everyone there. They've all been at the house at some point to see me. There's only a few people that I'll have to introduce you too, plus the guests if honor!" She squealed, jumping the hair stylist.

"I really wish you would tell me who it is. I don't really like surprises," I tell her.

"Oh believe me, you will love this surprise!"

I had to say, I liked how my hair came out. I guess a change wasn't so bad after all. After we paid we drove back home. I was getting a little nervous. I really didn't like surprises and with the way sidney has been the last couple days, I can only imagine what this surprise is going to be like. Sidney has been all excited and antsy but she was still able to stay calm and collected when it came to directing the caterer on where to set things up. She was going all out for party for twenty people, and I think that's what had me so nervous. She wouldn't be going all out for this party if it wasn't for someone worth impressing. Is this for one of her famous friends she doesn't tell me about?

After my mom leaves, I place Chloe in her jumper and help clean up a little before going to get ready. It was now two and everyone was going to be here at six so that left me plenty of time to clean and then get both Chloe and I ready. So I cranked up some One Direction on my iPod and got to cleaning and dancing silly to make Chloe laugh. Before I know it the living room, bathroom and breezeway are all cleaned and it's five o'clock. Cleaning always takes twice as long now that I have a baby, half the time I spend just dancing with her and making her laugh. I'd rather do that anyways.

I quickly touch up my make up and slide on the new dress Sidney got me and put on the black suede ankle boots she let me borrow. I put on some jewelry and made sure my hair looked alright and then went to get Chloe ready. I wash her up and then slip on her soft pink dress. I add a matching headband and white dress shoes. I must say I have the most adorable baby girl in the world!

"You are the cutest little thing!" I tell her, picking her up and holding her high above me before bringing her down to kiss her neck, which always makes her giggle.