His life

("Quote")

Fred was one of the first Tlingit language teachers in Juneau. He is a northwest coast art carver, he makes things like staffs, plaques, and canoes. Today Fred, has five grandkids, but his number one is Myles because he has raised him since he was a baby. Fred got the opportunity to work with Richard and Nora Dauenhauer and be apart of Sealaska Heritage Foundation. Fred believes that immersion is a good tool to keep the Tlingit language and culture alive since he was raised in a household where Tlingit language was spoken and his grandfather was a song leader.

Back when Fred, was visiting his grandma, she ended up sick in the hospital and they weren't allowed to add her new boyfriend into the hospital to stay because you had to be married and they weren't. Whenever Fred and his grandmas boyfriend would come and visit his grandma in the hospital a young red headed nurse would bring them to her room everyday, his grandma then decided she and her boyfriend had to get married. They did. Sometimes, Fred thinks back about his life and wonders how his grandparents handled him. Fred's grandma passed away in 2000 at the age of ninety-three.

Today When, Fred would go back to Yakutat he would go commercial fishing . Fred was raised in the fishing camps. When he was a little boy, he would walk around in a shirt and fish. Freds grandparents were proud that he didn't let his Tlingit language go.

People would always ask, Fred to write his own biography, when he would talk about his life because he was living at a time where things were becoming more civilized but the language and the culture was still there.

After he came to Juneau when he was nine he didn't have anyone to talk Tlingit too, but his foster parents knew how so they talked to them.

Fred's hobbies are translating country western songs to Tlingit.He likes to ski in the snow, he likes to carve He loves to hunt.Next goal is learn how to use a crossbow for hunting. Fred, has two daughters and five grandchildren. His grandson, Myles is eight years old. He keeps him going. Sport fishing and hunting. Myles, will tell you today he will be the owner of a fishing permit and a boat with gear from his grandpa. He will have his own crew of four his brother cousins and his sister. Fred, learned from taking care of grandparents the importance of their knowledge, that he passes on to, Myles. Today,Fred contributes his own time to looking after our elders with substance foods the way he was raised.