{13. Weird Arguments & First Recordings}

Chapter Thirteen

-Kallie-

My mind was racing the moment we left the hotel, and began to drive the short distance it takes to get to the recording studio. This was all happening too fast, and everyone in this car wouldn't be here if it wasn't because of me. Ashton, Luke, Michael and Calum wouldn't know I exist, or would care, and I would be in same place I'll always be, in that high school where I was suffering.

Just a short weekend trip away from my hometown makes me so happy. When I am older, there is no doubt that I will be packing my bags and moving far away from that black and white town. I wouldn't expect to even be in the state of Vermont, for that matter. And who knows, I could be with someone, or all alone.

I still have no plans for college, even though I should because it is coming up quickly and soon. The idea of moving to a giant school with nobody as a friend, no going home for a long time, and the hardest tests of my life send chills down my back. I have to go, though, or else I probably won't make it far in life. Unless, something comes in the middle of that and prevents me from going to that place of drunk kids and incredible academic competition.

I snap out of my thoughts and keep my focus to what's happening right now. We were in the back of a giant black Denali. A professional driver sits in the front seat, along with Adam in the passenger's seat. Me and Luke are in the second row of two seats, and he says he gets sat where there is the most room all the time. It surprises me so much that he is the youngest of the four; by how much bigger he is from the rest. Looking over to him, even in this huge luxury car, his head almost hits the top when there is a bump. It's quite hilarious, actually. Also, his long legs have to be bent at such a great manner just to fit underneath the seat.

The fact that he is only half of a year older than me is the hardest thing to believe. I can stretch out my legs completely and barely touch the other seat. It's unbelievable.

From left to right, Ashton, Calum, and Michael squeeze together in the very back. All of their legs are identical, with black skinny jeans that are way too tight and black high-top converse.

Calum and Michael are arguing about something incredibly stupid, as always. Their voices get louder and louder as time passes. I am surprised that Ashton hasn't yelled at them to shut up. That's what I would expect him to do.

Once Michael said an incredibly nasty joke aloud, I could feel Ashton's anger inside of him growing. Faintly, he growls. I remember Aria telling me about all of them and their personalities - not that I cared - and said that Ashton was put as the 'daddy' of the group. I wondered why, until he proved it then and there.

He grips the back of my chair so suddenly, it makes my heart rate speed up faster than it ever has. And that's when he started yelling at them.

"Could you guys be any more immature? We have a guest here!" He says, leans his head over to the front, by me. "Sorry, Kallie."

He goes back, which calms me down. Well, that was unexpected. I mutter a quiet 'it's okay', but he probably couldn't hear it.

"Sorry, it's just that Michael thinks that Niall has the best hair in One Direction. But isn't it obvious that Zayn has the best hair? I mean, come on. Did you even see it at the AMA's?!"

"I beg to differ, I mean Louis has great hair.."

"Are you guys serious? You're arguing about this?" Ashton says, and I almost laugh. God, they were hilarious. "Duh, Harry has the best hair! He's famous for the curls!"

The thing I don't get is how their managers even put up with them.

I turn around and add to the outrageously stupid conversation. "I mean, I don't like One Direction, but I gotta agree with Ashton."