{15. Our Hometown's In The Dark}

Chapter Fifteen

-Kallie-

It felt as if I entered another dimension. Walking through the double doors of this place of my own misery was like entering the gates of hell. I keep my head down; my hair protected from the cold weather with a black beanie, knowing exactly what would happen if anyone recognized me from the tabloids.

I make it through my first obstacle, and saunter through the halls with my boots close to making no sound against the dirty school floor. Nobody will see my eyes or my now rosy cheeks, and I'm intending to keep it that way as long as I can.

My face was the only element not covered up on my body, and it feels like my clothes were swallowing me whole. I liked it that way, though; when I was in the shadows and nobody took a glimpse my way.

It feels like I've walked the entire Sahara to get to my locker until a nameless upperclassman shoves into me from the side. The force from the push makes me shove into another senior.

"Whoops," I hear him say before stalking off and not even looking me in the eye. I am almost 100% sure that he laughed right after.

Meanwhile, I get a death glare from the guy I was shoved into. His piercing blue eyes dug its way all the way under my skin.

"Watch where you're going," The guy slurred, harshly forcing me away from him, and shoving me into a cold locker. "Slut."

I cringed at that last comment. My heart rate sped up to the point where I couldn't breath. The hallway became quiet, and I hear small laughs coming from random people in the corners.

They know.

I take deep breaths, and avoid any eye contact. The eyes of the enemy and the rest of his group are stinging against my skin. I try to escape out of the prison they have locked me in.

"Aww, where are you going, slut? Gonna go cry to your boyfriend?"

I look up at him; my vision is blurred, and seeing him look down at me like I'm a slave. An evil grin spreads across his face, and he knows he won the battle.

I try to run away again, but they have made a group around me and grabbed onto my arms. I struggle in their grasp, feeling held hostage, but that makes me even angrier. I growl in anger, and the tears forming in my eyes make it harder to see.

"Leave me alone...!" I struggle, but I only get a few half-hearted laughs in return. This is useless; I'm half as weak as everyone else here.

The circle gets smaller and smaller until there is no natural light peaking through anymore. I start breathing hard out of my mouth and shouting out loud in frustration. They won't let me leave.

"Let me go!" I yell. Tears were now running down my cheeks. I never wanted to come back here. I want to run away from this town and never come back.

Let's seize the day, lets run away, don't let the colours fade to grey..

"What is going on here?!" I hear a voice call from the end of the hall. I recognize the voice to be Mr. Perry, the Vice Principal.

Immediately the crowd backs away and the spotlight is put on me. The Vice Principal's shoes echo on the hard floor against the force of dead silence. The tall man comes close up, a disappointed frown on his face.

"This is horrifying. Everyone go to class! I will not tolerate this nonsense anymore!" Mr. Perry yells, making everyone flinch and scramble out of the hallway as fast as they could. Doors slammed and feet rushed until the hall was completely deserted.