Chapter 22- wall dogs part II

Charlottes pov
In the middle of the night I got a text from winter.
W- Henry's at the Swellview sign.
C- so what?
Why would I care where Henry is? Wait, it's 12:30pm. Why is he at the Swellview sign at 12:30? I got out of bed and got dressed. I snuck out my window and headed for the sign. I made sure to avoid all the dark creepy alleyways because everyone knows they are full of creepers at night. I got up to the sign and found nothing. But clearly someone had been there. A lot of people actually. Three trails were left in the dirt. One went back down the mountain but the other two went the other way. I'm guessing the trail that went back down was winters. But Henry went with the other trail. But was the third trail? I looked around for any clues. Then, behind the sign, something was left behind. I picked up a can of spray paint with a WD written on it. The other person was a wall dog. And Henry's trail didn't drag or show any signs of struggle so he went willingly. So my guess is the wall dog was the girl who kissed him earlier. I decided to call Ray to tell him everything. I got my phone and called him.
R- Charlotte it's two in the morning what is it?
C- long story short Henry met a girl wall dog and willingly went with her. And I don't don't know where winter is. Did she come back to the man cave?
R- no she's not here. Maybe she went with them too?
C- her trail led off in a different direction. So she's missing.
R- see if you can track down the wall dogs and convince Henry to come back.
C- I'll see. But if winter couldn't convince him I don't know how I will.
R- just try!
I hung up and followed the footprints. Which eventually stopped when I got to a road. There where a few people around so I asked if anyone saw them and I got which direction they headed. I remembered they tagged the golf course so maybe they were still there. I went and saw the place crawling with wall dogs. I looked around for Henry but at first I didn't see him. Then I realized why. His entire costume was spray painted black. I can't believe he joined them! I was hiding behind a bush and when most of the wall dogs left and it was only Henry and a girl I stepped out. When he saw me he frowned. "How did you find me?" He asked. "It wasn't that hard to figure out which direction you came." Now he looked annoyed. "Nothing you can say to me will make me change my mind! Wintersmyth couldn't make me!" He said. "Is Wintersmyth with you?" I asked. "No why would she be?" I frowned. "Well of shes not with you that makes her missing! You have to come back to help us find her!" He laughed. "Why would I help you find her? If she is missing at all! I don't care what happens to her!" "What is wrong with you! She is missing and she could be dead for we know and you're going to choose your little rebellion over her life?!" He tried to grin like he didn't care but I know Henry and I could see that he was starting to worry. "She's probably just blowing off steam somewhere." He said but not so sure this time. "Then why won't she answer any of my texts?" I asked holding up my phone. "Look I'm sure you'll find her but in the mean time if you don't want to be covered in paint I suggest you leave Herbert!" The girl laughed at his use of the word. I nodded. "Fine. I'll go. But if Wintersmyth really is in trouble and she dies. That's on your hands. You can come to me when you stop thinking only about yourself." I had clearly gotten to some part of him but he stayed where he was. I shook my head an left. I went back to the man cave and found Ray. "Hey has winter come back yet?" I asked. "No. I'm starting to worry. How are we going to find her?" I thought for a minute. "Well she texted me before she disappeared so she must have her phone with her. And don't all phones have some kind of tracking device?" Ray snapped his fingers. "Yes! We can track her! But we also have to find Henry because wherever Henry is the wall dogs are there too." He typed on the monitor until a red dot popped up on the map. "There! That's where winters phone is!" He said. "Let's go!" I said. Ray blew a bubble an we left. We got to the street she was on by about 3:00 in the morning. It was still dark but there was a street light to see by. "Okay start looking for any sign of her." Ray said and I began looking. There was nothing to suggest she was ever there. "I don't see her." I said. "Me neither. I don't get it. Why would the tracker tell me her phone was here if she's not here." I looked down at my feet and picked up something. "Because maybe she was here." I held out winters phone to Ray. "The screen is cracked suggesting she dropped it so someone must have taken her from here." I said and Ray nodded. "So now we have no way of finding her. She could be anywhere." Ray said. "With anyone." I said getting more uneasy. I decided to go to Henry's house to see if anyone had heard from Henry or winter. I waited until 7:00 in the morning to go. When I got there I saw Piper, Sydney, and Oliver with his weird blood hound cousin. "Hey has any of you heard from Henry or winter since last night?" I asked. No one had. "Why would I care?! I just want to find the wall dogs and get the reward money!" Piper yelled. "Wait. Isn't Jasper part of your possy?" I asked. "Yeah! Where is he! He better bring me back a wall dog!" Just then the front door opened and a very colorful Jasper walked in. "I found them. But they got me. They painted me everywhere! Everywhere!" I cringed. "And kid danger was with them! He painted me!" So Henry still hasn't changed his mind. "Can someone hose me off please?" Jasper asked. "Sure just take off your shirt." I said and he did so. When he turned around I saw something painted on his back. Words. I got closer. It was an address. Jasper said that henry was the one who painted him so that must mean Henry was sending us a message as to where he is! He did change his mind! I knew he still cared about winter. And the sooner we take care of the wall dogs the sooner we can find winter. I'm worried about her. We have no way of knowing where she is or who she's with. I ran back to the man cave and told Ray about the message. He blew a bubble and left.