Chapter 1: Anger

~I do not own Lab Rats~

I grit my teeth and throw my bag onto a chair; at the same time I slam the door behind me, ignoring my siblings' protests.

This is his fault. He's ruining my life, and has been ever since I've had him.

Why am I the one cursed with having him in my life? Why me? What have I done?

And this time...oh this time...he decided to push the boundaries. I didn't think he would have gone this far as to hurt one of my family. Someone I care about.

I walk straight into the elevator and press the button for the lab hard with anger. The elevator closes behind me when I get off, and I instantly disable it before anyone can follow me. I prefer to be alone right now.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I don't even bother to see who's calling. I already have a pretty good idea of who it is.

I sit down at Leo's Mission Specialist desk and pound my fists on it. I give a yell of frustration and hit the desk one more time, which causes a few things to jump. I don't bother fixing anything.

My head lies in my hands as I lean on the desk, and the events of today rush through my head.

How was I supposed to know that he was going to make a surprise appearance. Notice the surprise part. And once he was gone, the truth of how they felt was revealed. I never expected that part. I still can see the looks on their faces, and I can still hear their voices ringing throughout my head, almost haunting me.

Ugh! I don't want to relive this again.

I angrily push myself back from the desk and hop up onto my feet. I kick the chair and it rolls away into the wall in front of me, possibly leaving a dent from the force of the kick. The chair comes back towards me, and I push away in the direction of the elevator. It doesn't come back. Even the chair doesn't like me anymore.

Who would like someone like me? Someone who isn't always themselves, and they have no control over when they change. Almost a dark side, you could say. Well, some might have already said.

Without the chair, I go over and kick the desk instead. A pen rolls off, and I just stare at it for a few moments, not thinking of anything or anyone.

I blink a few times and come back to my senses, and when I do, the whole reason why I'm in the lab alone comes back to me.

They will never understand, they don't know what it's like. No one does. The only way to explain it is it's like you've lost yourself for who knows how long, and you have no idea how to find yourself. You suddenly come back, but you're still lost, and you're not sure if you will ever be found again. I make this sound dramatic, don't I? Well, it's the truth and only way I can think to explain it, so it doesn't matter.

They think it feels like an unconscious state, but you're still technically awake, just not...you. But that's not what it truly is, at least not in my opinion.

The worst part of it? You're alone, there and back, because there is no one else there who understands.

When he decides to make an appearance, it's impossible to know how it will end. And this time, it just went too far. There's no way out of what happened, but I can try and avoid it as much as I want.

My phone vibrates again, and this time I slowly take it out of my pocket. I'm not surprised when I see the name, and I quickly click to ignore the call. I place my phone on Leo's desk, which I haven't moved from yet, and shut it down completely. I don't need people calling acting as a constant reminder.

Up until now, I didn't realize how sore I am. I'm usually sore after he comes out, but today, I feel even worse. I have a vague idea of why.

I walk over and stand in front of the capsules. I look at each one of them individually, but I have a difficult time looking at one of them. I do have a hard time at looking at either one, but one of them reminds me that for a few weeks, we will not be able to act as a team. The three bionic heroes, minus one. And last time, it didn't turn out so well.

I move forward and open up my capsule. I stand I'm front of it for a moment, before I actually step inside. I turn around and close the door in front of me, and then I slowly sink to the bottom of it. I draw my legs in to my chest and wrap my arms around my legs, while my head rests in between my knees.

The events of today rush through my head, and I am unable to block it out. A single tear forms in the corner of my right eye, and I quickly wipe it away.

"Why can't you just control it?" They asked.

Control it? I'm not aware of anything while he's out. Would if I could, and why can't they understand that? Oh yeah, they never will. No one will.

"I hate it when that dark side of you comes out!" They yelled.

Dark side? You think I want this? It isn't me, it's him! He takes over, and he's the dark one. Not me!

"I thought you were our brother," they said in a last effort. And then...I broke.

~

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" Trent yells and shoves Chase back, causing him to drop his books.

"Sorry," Chase quickly apologizes as he quickly picks up his books.

"Sorry won't cut it this time nerd," Trent spits the last word. "You've got in my way enough times. This time," he laughs. "This time, you'll pay." He grabs Chase by the front of his shirt, causing him to spill his belongings again, and slams him up against a locker. "It's your lucky day today, Principal Perry is out today, and that means there will be no delaying this."

"Look, Trent, I'm really sorry, and I'll do anything to-" Chase's plead is cut off.

"Shut up!" Trent gives Chase a hard shove against the locker.

"But-" Trent gives one more shove.

"I said, shut up!" Trent throws Chase onto the floor.

While all of this is happening, a crowd has begun to form around the two. Amongst the crowd are Chase's siblings, who are trying to weave their way to the front.

Chase begins to inch himself up from the ground, but Trent places his foot on his stomach to keep him down. Chase gives a small groan, and the entire time, he is isn't fully aware to the anger bubbling up in him. He's too focused on getting away from Trent.

"Your lame siblings aren't here to protect you this time, so there is no one here to stop me." Trent laughs and removes his foot from Chase's chest. Chase takes a few gasps of air before Trent hoists him back onto his feet.

"Those siblings of yours, man, I'd love to see the looks on their pathetic faces as I take you down." The anger inside Chase starts to reach the boiling point, no one talks about his family like that. "Hm...but where are they? Leaving you behind, like always. I mean, who would protect someone as pathetic and stupid as you?" As Trent laughs, he fails to notice the menacing look growing on Chase's face.

In Chase, the anger grows to an unstoppable point, and three words flash in front of his eyes: Commando App Engaged.

~

A/N: This story is a work of random inspiration, and I'm not sure how long it will be. Each chapter will consist of flashback, so I hope you like that part, I wasn't really sure about it. Also, I purposely made Trent a little more violent than he normally would be.

Thanks for reading! :P