Chapter 2: Reason

~I do not own Lab Rats~

I'm not sure how long I've been down here, but apparently it's long enough for Mr. Davenport to get home and reenable the elevator.

I hear it moving, and instantly come up from my spot on the floor of my capsule. I quickly come out of it, and before I realize what I'm doing, I've run out of the lab.

~

I step outside and am not sure where to go, but I know I want to be anywhere but here. I run as fast as my legs can take me, which isn't that fast.

I continue to run down the street and into some woods I found. I never realized that there was a small forest in Mission Creek. I slow down once I'm a good way into the forest, and I walk through it, taking it all in. I really just ran away from home, and I'm all alone here.

A big log, which appears to be a tree that fell over, lays in the middle of the woods. I decide to take a much needed rest and sit down on it.

It's a time like this that I wish I had Bree's super speed. I cringe as I think of why she hasn't already used it to come after me.

I'm not sure how the idea came to me, but I realize it's what I have to do. I quickly shut down the locator in my chip. I would rather be alone right now, and I don't think they realize this.

The soreness of my body decides to show up again, and my eyelids suddenly start to droop. The sky isn't even that dark yet, then why am I so tired? I decide to go with it, and I lay down on the log. I instantly regret leaving my backpack at the house, I could really use it right now as a pillow.

The log isn't the most comfortable, but my body doesn't care, as I drift away in a deep sleep.

~

I'm not sure how long I was out, but when I wake back up it's dark outside. I unfortunately left my phone in the lab, so I have no idea what time it is. I thought I would sleep longer, but then I notice why I woke up. I hear voices.

"Why are we in the woods?" I can hear what I think is Leo's voice.

"Because this is Chase's last known location," Mr. Davenport answers, and I now know it's them. "And he left his phone in the lab, so this is the only lead we have on him." I guess there's a good side to leaving my phone behind.

I am instantly on my feet as their voices get closer, and I start sprinting through the forest. I can't have them finding me. With my bionic hearing, it's giving me a lead on them. They aren't as close as they may sound.

I rush through the trees, but I don't pay much attention to where I'm stepping, my first mistake.

The end of the woods is in my sight, and I run to it as fast as I can, my second mistake.

Being a bit careless is my main mistake, and is the reason that I trip, seconds from the end. A small log was in my way, and I did not notice it.

As I hit the ground, I silently curse to myself. I never would've been in this position if he had never shown up. He's always the one to blame, and there's no escaping him. No matter where I am, or what I do, he's always there, just waiting for me to crack. He's even here right now, waiting for me to blow up in anger or frustration. I can't let him have that satisfaction, not after what he did.

I push myself off the ground, and brush off the dirt. I am instantly back on the ground when I put pressure on my right leg. I look at it, and I realize that I've scraped it. Blood seeps through the scrape, but it could be worse. It only stings, and the pain took me by surprise. I'll be fine.