one

December

I'm not what I'd like to call a social media fan. Yet, I have a phone and probably an account in every social media that is nowadays popular.

After all, I use all of them. Instagram, snapchat, twitter, even facebook. Who uses facebook? I use it just to talk to some of my friends, though. But it's still lame.

It's a friday night and I'm here, in my bedroom, alone and bored. It's Christmas break and since I assist to a different school than normal schools, our break is a little bit longer than usual. Which I obviously don't complain about.

My three closest friends are in vacation. Julia is in California, Kat is in France and Victoria is in New Jersey. The three of them visiting their families and staying there for Christmas.

And here I am, in North Carolina. It's the coldest I've ever been but it doesn't bother me. Winter is my favorite season, and I absolutely love snow. As well as rain. Storms are actually my favorite thing, ever.

"April!" My brother calls me from his room.

"What?" I yell back.

"Come!"

Sometimes it worries me how lazy he can be. I don't say anything at all, because I am too. Now that I realize he's home, it gives me an odd feeling. He always goes out in fridays.

I don't have to knock on the door since he called me so I just open it, "what happened?"

"Nothing, we're bored." We?

I haven't realized he's with someone until I look up. Cameron, his best friend who I happen to have a crush on.

"What's up, April?" He says and smiles, I blush a little and try to cover by coughing - which I totally did not succeed.

"Not much, I'm bored as well. I was going to watch a movie." I manage to say without sounding nervous.

Having Cameron almost everyday around my house makes me feel more comfortable with him. It always has been like this. I was nine or ten years old when Chris met him and they automatically became best friends.

Of course, time has passed by and Cameron got more and more handsome everyday. And even when he was thirteen I had a crush on him.

"What movie?" Chris asks making my thoughts go away.

"I think The Conjuring. I'm in a mood for a horror movie."

They both look at each other and nod at the same time. After discussing where to watch it, we decide the living room is the best option. I bring my laptop and its charger downstairs, I already had the movie prepared for myself.

"You're gonna' sleep after watch it, right? I don't feel like cuddling tonight." Cameron says making me jump because I didn't see him there.

"What makes you think you're going to cuddle tonight?" I ask.

"You know, if you can't sleep-"

"Alright, I have the cable to connect the laptop to the TV," Chris says cutting Cameron's sentence.

Damn it.

We watch it in silence, there are a few gasps and cusses coming from all of our mouths throughout the movie.

Almost in the ending Chris falls asleep, but I pretend not to notice so Cameron doesn't have to talk to me or something like that.

The movie finally ends so we wake Chris up, and both of them go right upstairs. I go to the kitchen and drink a glass of water.

After a few minutes I go to my room and check the time in my phone 1:47AM. But there's something else that catches my eye, and it's a snapchat notification.

camerondallas has added you as a friend!