I'll go to Neverland

When Derek was 6, he met Peter Pan at Disneyland and he told his parents he wanted to marry him. His parents told him that maybe it'd be better to marry Wendy but he insisted on marrying Peter. No one ever thought much of it, for a 6 year old it wasn't exactly surprising to want to marry someone they liked, whether a boy, a girl, or someone in their family. Everyone thought it was cute and Derek was pouting away in his room because he couldn't marry Peter just yet.

When Derek was 10, he went to Disneyland yet again and found Peter Pan. He got a picture with him and even gave him a kiss (a thimble) to Peter's apparent delight. Peter told him he'd hide from Wendy so that she wouldn't cry because it's annoying when girls cry and they cry a lot all the time anyway (Derek agreed completely). Derek's family teased him and Derek stuck his tongue out at his siblings while the grown ups were gushing over how cute it all was.

When Derek was 12, he realised he liked Peter Pan more than he liked Wendy and he didn't know how to tell his parents. He kept it to himself and when they had a family outing at Disneyland, Peter Pan asked him why he looked sad. Derek answered that he understand what it felt like to grow up and that it wasn't a nice feeling. Peter said that growing up sucked, paused, and asked why it was so bad. Derek said that sometime you realised you liked the Prince more than the Princesse and that it wasn't easy to explain to anyone. Peter said it was alright and that girls were annoying anyway. Derek went the rest of his day feeling much better.

When Derek is 14, his Peter Pan is replaced by a new Peter Pan. Derek is kind of moody at first but doesn't mind it as much when he sees the new Peter who has really nice caramel eyes and a kind smile. Derek develops a crush on the new Peter very fast and he doesn't tell anyone. He's afraid his family aren't gonna love him anymore and he doesn't want people at school to be mean to him. So he keeps quiet and pines in his corner.

When Derek is 17, he's still not out to his family. He and the back then new Peter Pan became friends sort of. Peter would see him and ask him how it was to grow up and Derek would say it sucks. Peter would ask him why and Derek would say that sometimes someone likes the prince more than the princess and that they're afraid they wouldn't be loved anymore if they told anyone. Peter would then say that it was fine and that girls were annoying because they cried all the time anyway. Derek would agree and they'd talk about traveling and seeing the universe with a pause to allow someone to take a picture with Peter every once in a while.

When Derek is 18, he says goodbye to Peter Pan, making him pout and whine about people leaving him all the time because they grow up. Derek bursts out laughing and promises to come back as soon as he's done with college. Peter gives him a kiss (a thimble) he just so happen to have from Wendy ("but don't tell her I gave it to you or else she'll cry") and tells him to hurry up. Just before Derek leaves, Peter asks if he still likes Princes better. Derek says that he does but that he's still scared. Then he leaves and he hopes he can hurry back.

When Derek is 21, he and his boyfriend decide to split up. His boyfriend is going to Dartmouth and he's going home after next year. They're both sad but they both need to focus on their studies which helps the heartbreak away. Derek thinks about Disneyland after seeing a mouse run through the halls of his dorm (why is no one cleaning up this place for god's sake) and somehow thinks about Peter Pan and the nice eyes and the kind smile. Derek remembers that he has to go back soon and he works even harder than before.  He hopes he can get back to Peter soon.

When Derek turns 23, he can finally go home. The first thing he does when he gets home is go to Disney. There he sees his Peter who spots him nearly immediatly. He tells Derek that he lied because he took a very long time and that he changed a lot too and that if growing up means changing a lot and leaving for a long time then he really will never do it. They fall back into their banter and people in the park (characters and visitors alike) enjoy it and find it sweet like they did before.