It All Started With a Flower (Different POV)

A/N: I was asked by becuz_bruh to make a « teeny sequel » to It All Started With a Flower and I didn’t want to change the ending to my story.  So instead, I wrote it from Derek’s perspective (yes, it was Stiles speaking in the other).  I did my best though it was hard to write in the same style. Enjoy.

He always said that we started with a flower because that’s who I was when he fell in love with me. He always did love to take control of things. If he decided that we started with a flower then we did, however far from the truth it may be.

 So it all started with a flower because I used to hold on to things with a passion that, in his mind, isn’t human.

 *

When we met, I thought that there was a place before birth and after death. I also thought it was the same place. I told him about that one day and he asked why wit the greatest confusion. I told him I liked the idea of not being atoms on Earth, the idea that I was a mind, free of a physical body.

 I would tell him about life and death and my opinion on things. He said he was drawn to my oddness and need for knowledge. To me, it’s quite ironic how he used to think it odd when he, now, thinks that way.

 *

 I loved him when we were both boys. He a senior, I a freshman. He was older by two years only and had the most beautiful, warmest eyes I’d ever seen. And that buzz cut I would tease him about.

 He changed though. He changed a lot.

 When he came back I could barely recognize him. His eyes weren’t warm anymore, they had lost their spark. I ignored it, ignored him, and had fun with my girlfriend, his sister.  I felt guilty in a way but he had told me to move on. So I did.

 He left, she picked up the pieces, we went on a date, then two, then three, and I moved on.

 He bragged about his shags but he was hurt by me, I could see it.

 *

 I loved him. I suppose that was the start of the end.

You see, our story isn’t like others. It’s sad but not because one of us died and it’s happy but not because we got back together.

 It’s sad because we were each other’s first loves and we’ll probably always love each other that way but it just won’t ever work again like it did that first year.

It’s happy for the same reason.

 *

 We met because I was a close friend of his sister’s. I was a freshman and so was she but she would talk about her senior brother all the time. One day, she introduced me to him and we hit it off immediately. He fell in love slowly, I fell fast.