Part 4

AJ POV

School should be alright. If only Katara wouldn't mess it up with getting us all in honors classes. Now Jack and I need to try even harder to get by. And Adam and Bree couldn't have done that bad. But Chase seems absolutely perfect for Katara. Like a match made in a bionic world. I should keep her away from there guys. I haven't met Chase yet but having her date someone who is bionic would be better than someone who isn't and she would flip if they broke up with her.

Hey, be careful today alright?

Katara: How can I be careful on my own when we have all the same classes and you won't let me have one moment at peace?

Well, you can be unsafe when you go to the bathroom? And like Tyler said, locker buddy. You will be approached at your locker.

Katara: Tyler is harmless.

How can you know that for sure? He might suspect us.

Katara: How?

The new kids are also staying with Donald Davenport.

Katara: So? Seriously, what is going on??

Well, I just don't want you to get a boyfriend while we're here.

Katara: Why would I get a boyfriend?

Because brothers aren't enough.

Jack: Huh? I heard brothers.

Katara: No, AJ is worried about me getting a boyfriend.

Jack: You have a boyfriend?!?! Who is he?? I'll throw him to Canada.

Katara: Calm down Casanova. I don't have a boyfriend, nor will I get a boyfriend. Boyfriends are too complicated. Boyfriends are a waste of time.

Mhmm, you say that but once we get to that island, you and Chase will be all over each other.

Katara: I don't even know Chase. How would he become my boyfriend?

Well, we could start talking to him. But with the way Davenport talks about you two, you guys sound exactly the same.

Jack: Yeah.

Katara: Oh, well. I don't want a boyfriend when we all should be focusing on missions and getting to the island to save the world. Agreed?

Both: Agreed.

*bell rings*

Katara: AHHHH AHH AAAHHHH AHHH OWW OWW WHAT WAS THAT.

Random: It was the school bell. We go to class now.

AJ: What was that kiddo?

Katara: Super sensitive bionic hearing.

Well, have fun with that.

Katara: Do any of you people have earplugs?????

What's wrong with her??

Katara: I can hear what you're saying is what wrong with me? You wanna deal with me?!?!

Jack: Calm down girl. Don't get too mad. We don't need her to rip out a wall of lockers.

Katara: Like she can do that?

SHE CAN!!

Katara: Well, how would I know. I don't remember what happens when she comes out.

Oh yeah!!

*skip to lunch*

Katara: Where do we sit?

I don't know.

Jack: How about over there?

He points to a table where girls are all in one uniform and guys acting stupid.

Katara: I don't think so.

Why not?

Katara: We can't draw attention to ourselves. Going there would draw attention from those girls with the balls of plastic and the guys with the abnormally large upper body.

I think they are wearing pads.

Jack: I thought pads were for girls.

Katara: NO, well yes but they are wearing protective padding. So they don't get hurt.

Jack: Well, why didn't you just say so.

Hey Katara, you want to sit with me?

It was Tyler. He walked up behind us with his tray. He sat at the table next to the one with the girls in uniforms.

I don't think so.

Tyler: Would you rather sit with the people over there?

He points to a table where people weren't eating but their faces were stuck in books and they weren't talking to one another.

Jack: That would bring down my rep.

Tyler: So just sit with me.

We sat with him. Tyler was talking with Katara and Jack. I sat there and listened to everything. I'm pretty sure Tyler wants more than friendship with my sister but I gotta save her for Chase. She can't risk everything we have.

The rest of the day took forever. In my classes, I did not know what was going on. Katara had it down, but Jack was flirting with the girls sitting next to him. I just don't want to compromise what we can achieve here. We need to stay safe then we can go to the island and train and go on missions.