Chapter 15: Striking a nerve

Andrea

"Get your ass up right now!"

I jump up from my bed and I am faced with an angry Cathy. She is holding a newspaper in her manicured hand.

"What am I looking at?" I whine.

"This shit!" She points to a picture of Bree and I kissing infront of a very shocked Marcus.

I gasp, "no this- I - we-"

"Explain this! Are you gay?! Is she your girlfriend or are y'all just fucking?! Talk dammit!" She rants. I can't even process right now.

"What time is it?" Her eyes pop out her head.

"Bitch! You're blasted all over the news with your lesbian lover and all you can say is 'what time is it?', have you lost your damn mind?"

I rub my temples, "please stop yelling at me. We aren't a couple. We aren't lovers. I saw Marcus and one thing led to another."

Cathy sighs heavily and sits down on my bed, " well what did it feel like?"

This is the first time that I had thought about the kiss since yesterday. I sigh and smile brightly, "honestly?"

"Well I definitely don't want a lie Andrea."

"It was good. Her lips were soft. I caught her off guard with it but she didn't pull away."

"So you like her?" Cathy seems surprised about my response but she is definitely intruiged.

"No- I don't think so but that kiss had a little-" I stop talking immediately.

Do I like Bree? I mean she had been there since this crazy mess has started but that shouldnt mean anything. Yes, she is beautiful. Yes, she is smart, sophisticated, naturally sexy without even trying, funny, and just so damn... Just damn. Even in my head I get tongue tied just thinking about her.

Snap! Snap!

"Helloooo! Anybody home?"

I clear my throat, "umm yeah. My bad. Just caught up in my thoughts."

"You were saying something, finish." I flip the covers back exposing my black lingerie set. I quickly grab my robe.

"Never mind, can we change subjects?"

"No we cannot. I think you like her Andrea. Its all over you. She is basically all you talk about. And just a moment ago, you had the biggest smile on your face. Please don't be stubborn. Just talk to her. Personally, I think she is a pretty girl and super laid back and that's exactly what your up tight ass needs." I can't help but smirk because she thinks she knows everything. "I do know everything." I open my mouth but she waves her hand to dismiss the comment of denial. "I see it all over you face."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Hold up let me get the door." I tell Cathy and walk to the front door. I quickly open the door and I feel a body push past knocking my robe open. The next thing I notice is the cameras flashing, so I scramble to close my robe.

"Damn!" I see Bree slam the door quickly. "Sorry about running in your house but it seems that our fans are enjoying the peep show." My cheeks heat up when I see Bree eyes lurk over my skin. "Wow black suits you." She reaches out touches my stomach and my muscles tighten.

I bit my lip hard. Her hands are so soft. Her fingers glide across my navel and I shake. She halts immediately and clears her throat.

"We have to talk." Her eyes look everywhere but my eyes so take this moment to tie my robe instead of just closing it.