Chapter Thirteen

Raindrop watched as Starflight talked to Kite. Before everyone had arrived, Kite had blown small bursts of fire, and then he had made a circle of yellow paint, where he was in the middle. No one was supposed to cross the line, aside from Starflight and Fatespeaker.

Sitting next to her was Sandstone, Crimson, Nocturnal, and Frostfire. Everyone listened closely to what Starflight said and asked, waiting for something to happen.

I'm so nervous right now!!! I've heard that he's teleported, turned into a living magnet, went invisible, and fell through a cliff like it was made of air. Freaky. Hmmmmm... I wonder if he's part Rainwing. That kind of would explain the invisibility and the silver scales. Then again, he could be part Nightwing too. With the possible deyshavu and once again, the silver the scales. Either way, kind of cool but creepy. I wonder who his parents were if he is a hybrid. She looked at him nervously. What if he really is an animus? Maybe, all the craziness from using his powers hasn't come yet, and when it does, he'll murder us all! Uhhhhh, the pressure!!!!!!
"Okay Kite, can you remember anything else?" Starflight sat in front of Kite, ready to tell Fatespeaker what to write.

Kite shook his head from side to side. "Sorry, not yet. Whenever I try remembering anything, it's like trying to see through heavy fog."

"To bad," Fatespeaker said. She had a scroll to write on, and a bag full of various objects. This was to see if different objects were effected by Kite or not. "I was hoping to hear something cool. Hey, do you have any proof that you were a Scavenger?"

"Kite frowned a little. "No, not yet. It's really frustrating."

"Hey Fatespeaker, can you get something out of the bag for me?" Starflight had a blank expression now.

Everyone watching was shocked when Fatespeaker grabbed a small metal spear, and threw it right at Kites face. It stoped right at his nose, where it floated in the air. He yelped as it scraped his snout just enough to leave a mark. As he jumped back, it floated for a second longer, and then fell.

"What was that?!?!", Kite asked, rubbing his snout with a confused expression.

"Sorry," Starflight said. "I was pretty sure that all the weird things you do were at least partially triggered by reactions to things. I couldn't tell you, because I needed to see what would happen if you were surprised. The only other one who knew was Fatespeaker."

Fatespeaker smiled cheerfully. "That was cool to watch."

Starflight stretched. "Okay, so we know that sudden changes in the environment and your personality can cause things to happen. I think we've got enough information on that for today. See you tommarow." Fatespeaker and Starflight walked off, waving to everyone.

Kite looked at everyone starring at him. He waved, the only noise being a small breeze. "Hi... So, I think I'm going to go to the library...... Anyone else want to come?"

Nocturnal flew off into the mountains, while Crimson went into the school. Frostfire went off into the forest, probably to hunt, and everyone else hung back, either waiting for Kite to do something weird, or resting.

All Kite did was walk into the school, heading strait for the library. "That went well," he said to himself. "Note to self, stay away from silverware at all times. I guess wooden spoons and forks aren't so bad are they?"

Raindrop flew in after him. I wonder if he's ever gonna be able to control all this weird stuff. Good thing it's him who's got it though... Not that it's a good thing anyone has to have that happening to them though. Sounds kind of sad that he has to be that careful all the time...
Kite walked into the library and immediately pulled out a thick scroll. Then, he sat down in one of the corners. Starflight was nowhere to be seen, and the library was completely quiet.

"Hello."

Raindrop shot back into reality. "Uh, hi."

Kite squinted at her for a few seconds. "Hmmmm... Are you a Skywing Rainwing mix?"

"Ya... How'd you find that out?"

Kite looked at his scroll a little more, then looked back up. "You almost looked like a Skywing, but if I look close enough, I can see your scales shifting just a little bit." He smiled a little. "I read seven books on every dragon tribes abilities in less than a day. I guess the Skywing one was kind of the most important since that's what I'm going to be from now on." Raindrop gave him the faintest sine of a questioning look. "I kind of am sure I've got a feeling I was a scavenger."

"Oh ya, I heard about how you talked about that. Have you found any proof yet? Like, can you speak to scavengers or something?"

Kite chuckled. "Sorry, nothing like that yet. I'm definitely gonna tell everyone anything I find out though." He paused, putting the scroll he had, along with three others, into a large bag. "So... I've read some stuff on Jade Mountain Academy, and it doesn't seem like there were nearly as many hybrids hear as there are now. I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad thing they showed up. Just a few days ago, Sunny found a Nightwing Icewing hybrid dragonet living in one of the lower caves. I'm just wondering when they started coming."

Raindrop thought about this a little. "I'm actually not sure... I guess more and more just slowly came, one way or another. If they weren't accepted at their homes or BYE their families, they definitely would be here."

Kite got up, making sure everything was in the bag. "Hmmm...... Kind of seems cool. This School is really good at showing everyone how to be nice around each other after this War of Sandwing Succession I heard about......" He paused a little, at the door. "Are... You scared, that Blister is back?"

Raindrop nodded. "Completely terrified. I feel like every night, I have to watch my back, or some random demon statue is going to snap my neck. What about you?"

"I don't sleep."

"Because you're to nervous to sleep?"

He walked into the hallway, and Raindrop followed. "No, it's because I'm too busy. I've been staying up for nights and nights, trying to figure out how to make bacon. And guess what? I finally made bacon last night!!!"

"Um... What is bacon?"

"It's pretty much cooked pig, but it's cut into strips. It tastes soooooo good!!!!!!"

"Do you have any right now?"

Kite frowned just a little. "Sorry no. It tastes its best when it's freshly cooked. I'm trying to get as many pigs as possible so I can make a good amount though." He paused, then chuckled. "There was just one problem I had last night. Right after I wrote down everything I needed to know on how to cook it correctly, Clay came into my room sleepwalking, and ate all the leftovers. So, I'll be cooking in the day from now on, when hopefully, Clay is asleep."

As if saying his name had summoned him, Clay came racing down the hall. Tsunami went after him, calling to Raindrop and Kite. "Bye guys, we're heading out to the Kingdom of the Sea. Have someone be bossy for me while I'm gone, so I can have an excuse to clobber someone when I get back!!!"

Kite had a blank face, seeming to stare at nothing. Then, he snapped back into reality, laughing uncontrollably. "Oh dang, hahaha, Frostfires going to be the bossy one isn't she? Oh dang, Tsunami's gonna get whacked in the face!"

A.N.

Hello!!!!! Hello, hello!!!!!!!!!!! Hey everyone, this will be a quick authors note. Just wondering, could you guys who haven't checked out my random stuff thing, check that out, because I need suggestions on what to talk about, and it would be cool to see more comments. You don't have to, but it would be awsome if you did. That's all for now. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!