_*#*_

The five of them reached the surface, and almost instantly, arms grabbed Samara, Isadora, and Nathalia and dragged them all to separate corners.

"Are you okay? Where are your companions? Did anything happen to you? Is your head okay?" An older woman plagued Samara with questions.

"Yes, I don't know, no, and yes," Samara replied.

In a separate corner, far, far away, Christine freaked out, her words spilling over and overwhelming Isadora. She cried. She talked. She blabbered. And poor Isadora could do nothing but listen and let Christine hug the rug.

In yet another corner, Nathalia struggled as a (furry) hand covered her mouth. She pried it off.

"What the what?!" She exclaimed quietly, quoting one of her many favorite characters. "Who are you?"

"You know very well who I am," the wolf who was covering her mouth said.

"No, I don't!" Nathalia whisper yelled. "First of all, this is Phantom! And second of all, this thing takes place when we were in the musical, before I knew about Broken Age, you idiot! Get back in your own thing!"

"They pushed me off of the bridge," he said. "I cannot get back."

Nathalia shook her head quickly, as if clearing it. "Who are you again?"

"Forget it," the wolf said, turning and disappearing back into the shadows.

The three women, Nathalia, Isadora, and Samara, all met in the center of the room. Each one explained their encounters to one another. Christine had gone off somewhere and Isadora had decided not to follow her.

Isadora stared at the wolf who was still lurking in the shadows. "Who is that guy? He's not a 'Phantom of the Opera' character, is he?"

"Who?" Nathalia asked.

"Nevermind."

The three girls looked around. They didn't know where they were, and everyone else had disappeared.

"So... What now?" Nathalia asked. "I mean... I don't think anyone else wants anything to do with us any- Was that a whoosh?"

"What?" Samara asked.

"A whoosh. You know, like someone passing by, but they're hidden or invisible or something."

The three looked around as footsteps came from everywhere and nowhere. Echoing noises could be heard. They couldn't tell exactly what they were, but none of it sounded like speech.

"What was that?" Nathalia asked as something brushed her legs.

All three of them started to panic. A shadow rose on one of the walls, hulking and huge. The girls' eyes grew wide as it came towards them.