Chapter 3: Prepare for Trouble

Black Star woke up rubbing his eyes. He then stretched and yawned with a flourish. All the memories from the past day flooded through his brain as he remembered where he was. He stood up quickly to wake Tsubaki and find their target. He looked down and realized she wasn't there.

"Now where the hell would she be at this time of day?" He screeched.

"Black Sta-" Tsubaki started as she walked through the doorway. Black Star interrupted her.

"FEUL!" Black Star yelped. Tsubaki had some bread in her hands in which she had scavenged from around the village. He took it from her hands hastily and inhaled it.

"I found all the bread I coul-" Tsubaki was then interrupted for the second time this morning.

"Yum! Good job Tsubaki, you'll go far," Black Star exclaimed as her slapped her on the back. He finished off his bread and said, "Now that stupid sword will feel the wrath of Black Star! He will see that I will surpass God!"

"Of course he will Black Star! Could I do the talking though? Tsubaki asked nervously.

"Why the hell would you want me to stop talking?! I am Black Star!" He said using emphasis when saying his name.

"No reason Black Star, let's go." Tsubaki talked timidly but with the slight bit of annoyance in her voice. "Let's find the sword and beat it so you can surpass God!"

"Yahoooooo!!!" Black Star didn't even stop to open the door of the cabin they had slept in. He crashed through the door, leaving a Black Star shaped hole in the doorway. Tsubaki let out a deep sigh, followed by a motherly grin. This grin said many things amongst being proud of Black Star. Neither her, nor Black Star knew the journey that was ahead. Let alone that they weren't prepared- not in the slightest.