Chapt. 15 - AJ

The past two weeks I been living life in a fuckin wheel chair. This shit is annoying, I'm depressed and I really just want to be left alone.

"Hey babe." Des walked in the house and kissed me. "Where Amiya?" "Jas said she's keeping her tonight, they're going to the movies then to CiCi's pizza." I nodded my head. "Cool. How was work?" She rolled her eyes. "Im off tomorrow so I'm going to look for a better job. I don't get paid enough to deal with the shit I have to deal with." I nodded then wheeled myself to the bathroom. It took me a good 20 minutes to pull myself up, get my clothes down, use the bathroom and clean myself , then get my clothes up, get back in the chair then wash my hands. I wheeled myself in the kitchen to see Des about to cook. "Don't, let's go out. Im tired of being in the house." She nodded. "Okay let's go." I grabbed my wallet and open the door to wheel myself out. With a lil bit of help from Des I got myself in the car and waited while she put my wheelchair in her trunk.

- Never thought that I would smile again
Never thought the dark clouds would end
Never thought that I would have a friend
That would keep me never leave me alone
Jesus you're my everything
The only one that makes my heart sing (heart sing)
Now I know what real love means its everlasting, lasting-

We pulled up to the restaurant as Kirk Franklin x Brighter Day played through the car. A man came up as he saw Des get my wheelchair. "You need help man?" I shook my head no. I was struggling to get out. "You sure cause I can help if..." I didn't even realize I snapped. "I don't need no fuckin help man. Im good, bye." Des looked at me crazy. I fell as I tried to sit in the seat but forgot to lock the wheels. "Shit !" Tears rolled down my face as I laid there on the ground. The man I just flipped on picked me up and put me in the chair. "I know the feeling, being in a wheel chair is depressing and you feel hopeless. I was almost paralyzed, I know how it is. But once your able to walk again it makes you appreciate the little things 100 times more. Stay safe, calm down, and realize that some people just want to help because they know what it's like. They've been in your shoes. It'll get better. Y'all have a wonderful dinner." I pushed my face into the palm of my hands as I felt the man pat my back then walk away. Des wrapped her arms around me and called a waitress outside to take our to go order. I wiped my face as she wrapped her arms around me. "Calm down baby, I'm here. Calm down, stay cool. It'll be over soon. You start therapy next week and I'm holding your hand the whole way through. I got you AJ, I always have and I always will. Your my king, get better for our family but don't push away the ones that care. We got you."

We sat at the park watching the ducks while eating our food. Me and Des been through the most in a year and I appreciate her and love her more than any amount of words can explain. I got to stay strong with her, she picks me up when I can't pick myself up. She got me when I've let myself go. I just need to be patient. Everything will fall into place. God won't put me through nothing I can't handle.