Chapter 3

Richard was too drunk to drive back to his apartment, and while Dean had offered to let him stay in a spare room, Lee had decided he would drive the older man home.

Richard had spent the entire evening after they kissed hanging around, and on, Lee, smiling drunkenly and drowning in the man's features. Lee thought it was cute, so he hadn't minded his weight against him at all. In fact, he enjoyed it thoroughly.

Still, the fear lingered in his mind that when Richard would be sober again he would think it a mistake, and close up to Lee again. Thus Lee made the most of this night, though did nothing he would need any consent for.

So it was that Lee and Graham heaved Richard into the backseat of Lee's car, and put a blanket over him. Lee drove to Richard's apartment and opened the door with a key he had found in a back pocket of his jeans. The younger man had been blushing while looking for it, feeling he was invading personal space, but Richard hadn't noticed at all.

He managed to get him to walk into his house, getting him to the couch first before Lee went back to close the front door. When he came back, Richard was asleep once more, causing Lee to chuckle with a shake of his head.

"Oh Rich, you really shouldn't have had so much," he said softly as he took off his (boy)friend's shoes. He didn't bother to let Richard go upstairs to his room, but instead went up himself go get a blanket for him. Once he had a blanket, Lee gently covered Richard with it and pressed a kiss to his head.

Then he settled himself in an armchair nearby, wondering if he should go back to his apartment or stay with Richard. He watched the dark haired man with a loving and endearing gaze and thought about the night.

Simply reminiscing made him smile, and he touched his lips lightly, trying to recall what Richard's lips had tasted like. Wine, obviously, but also something sweeter, like cherries, and they were incredibly soft as well, like peaches. Yes, Lee had been satisfied beyond imagination.

Were they boyfriends now? Lee wondered to himself, knowing everyone had seen the kiss. He still remembered the whistles around them as they finally kissed, though it seemed distant, because he had been too mesmerised by Richard's lips.

With Richard on his mind, and a taste of wine and cherries on his lips, Lee eventually fell asleep in the armchair without realising. It was not until Richard stirred and made a soft sound, that the young man awoke again.

Richard felt absolutely dreadful, and was unaware of Lee's presence until he heard him speak.

"Are you alright Rich? I've got some painkillers for you and a drink if you want it," Lee spoke softly, not wanting to hurt his head even more.

Richard popped open one eye, looking at Lee and immediately blushing. He didn't remember that much of the night before, but god did he remember that kiss. He was sure it was engraved in his mind forever.

He managed to sit up and open both his eyes, groaning slightly at the light that flooded in through the curtains. Lee, being the amazing person he is, got up to close the curtains for him, smiling cutely as he walked back.

Richard thanked him quietly and took the drink and painkillers Lee had gotten for him. He then looked up at the slightly taller man and asked, "Did you stay with me all night?"

Lee nodded. "Yeah. I meant to go home after a while, but accidentally fell asleep in your armchair. I hope you don't mind." He bit his lip slightly. Richard shook his head and looked down at his glass quickly, because Lee's lips did things to him he didn't want right now.

Lee walked to the kitchen and got himself a drink as well, coming back once more to sit next to Richard on the couch. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I just feel as though my head's being trampled by orcs. Though a part of me is on a pink cloud, unaware of anything but you" He let out a chuckle as his blush grew, and Lee laughed with him. "I understand how you feel."

Richard smiled up at Lee, this time not drunk but still very sure of his choice. Now that he was sober, and Lee was still next to him, he was sure it wasn't a dream, as he had feared it was.

He leaned in and gently kissed Lee again, the other kissing back without hesitation, a wide grin spreading across his lips. Richard smiled when he felt Lee grin, and Lee gently cupped Richard's cheek. However, Lee wanted to keep this kiss gentle because he knew Richard still felt sick.

Pulling away, Lee was the first to speak again. Yes, he was shy as well, but not so shy as Richard and he was able to be courageous.

"I love you."

It came out barely a whisper, but Richard heard it. I love you. Lee had said it, clear and true.

"I love you too."

They both grinned sheepishly at the other, before giggling softly. "So, are we like official boyfriends now? The crew seems to think we are," Lee commented, and Richard nodded shyly. "Sounds fine by me."

After they had some breakfast, Lee drove Richard back to Dean's house so he could get his own car, and then they both went to the airport, on their way back to America for a couple of months once more.

Richard didn't want to be parted from Lee, but knew they would still be able to see each other in New York, and also that his boyfriend would be back in his extremely sexy Thranduil costume within half a year. The thought pleased him and made him smile happily to himself.

They met at the airport again, although not being on the same flight, they both had to wait a couple hours. They sat together but dared not kiss or cuddle, afraid of other people making their relationship known to the public.

Despite the fact the cast knew, Richard had wanted to wait with making it public, and Lee had accepted that, though he badly want to cover his boyfriend in kisses one last time.

Richard's flight was being announced and the older man got up, and Lee with him. Putting a hand on his arm, Lee glanced around before taking him to the bathroom quickly. "One last kiss~" he said cheekily.

Richard obliged willingly, wrapping his arms around Lee's neck as Lee cupped his cheeks and gently ran his fingers over his stubble. Their lips met in a heated kiss, one full of passion so they'd surely remember it as they waited for the next one.

Eventually, Richard really had to leave and they broke away, their chests heaving. Placing one more kiss on Lee's cheek, he walked out of the bathroom and to his gate, cheeks slightly flushed.

Lee stayed behind for a second, grinning broadly to himself, before he too went to his own plane.