pianissimo

its very important that you know that "surround you" by ecosmith is literally the song for this 6 part story. also please enjoy it. it's such as good love song.

     Hogwarts was bustling with the sound of the new year. Students laughed and rushed past each other to go to the Great Hall for breakfast. There was a familiarity of being home through the corridors and in the faces of each student. Excitement filled their features. The Great Hall was the center of activity as the teachers spoke to each other with bemused expressions. The new year had brought smile to the strictest of teachers.

     The Hufflepuffs sat at the farthest table on the right. Bright yellow and the deep black as they stuffed food on their plates happily, and the cheery dispositions on their faces matched the bright sunlight pouring through the windows. Ravenclaws had noses in books, and their welcoming smiles made the first years feel - well - welcome. The Slytherins on the far left even seemed to be enjoying themselves, and even the darkest hearts enjoyed seeing their friends again. Lastly, just to the Slytherins' right, sat the Gryffindors. The scarlet and gold emblem reflected on every members' chest. At the end of the table, as far away from the head table as possible, five friends grinned at each other whenever they spoke to one another.

     Four boys and one girl. The faces of the infamous marauders. Their sixth year was rolling in fast, and they were all excited to be in each others presence again. The tallest one ruffled his messy hair and smirked to the girl across the table. His hazel eyes were bright behind his round rimmed glasses, and the laughter that escaped his mouth was loud and booming. His name was James Potter, and he was known for his personality and the pranks he played. His personality was as warm as the butterbeer he loved to drink, and no one had even an ounce of the compassion and bravery he had.

     Next to him, sat his best friend. The boy had chin length black hair that stood against his pale, striking features. He had a strong jaw, dark eyes, and plump lips. His features were well known by the female population of the school as was his way with words. The flirty, charismatic young man was Sirius Black. His favorite pastime was seeing how many times he could make someone arch their back solely from the touch of his fingers.

     Across from him was a mousy brunette whose features were plain. He, himself, was plain as well. He followed the rest of the group around like a shadow, and only seemed to follow them because of their popularity. He was Peter Pettigrew, and he was absolutely squeamish.

     To his right was a quiet, tall male with the face that held too many secrets. His shoulders slumped slightly, but he had a good natured air around him. His brown hair fell in his eyes as he glanced at James. His name was Remus Lupin; he was the smartest, most responsible, and most thoughtful of the group. Remus spent cold nights buried into his work by the fire, and no one really knew why he dissappeared every month (no one can really be that sick).

     Last but not least, to the right of Remus sat the only girl in the group. Her blonde hair was tied into a braided bun at the base of her neck, and her wand was placed on her ear like one would hold a pencil. Her coffee eyes danced as she told joke after joke to James Potter, and she laughed along with him after every one. She was Feyre Thompson. She never seemed to stop bringing joy in her wake. The other boys had taken her under their wings soon after their first year had begun. She - in her own words- was basically a mom to the lot.

     The marauders bustled about as they shoved food into their mouths. Their sleepy eyes were drooping from the night before of escaping onto a secluded area of the grounds for a few moments to enjoy being near each other again.

     "Alright, kids, we're back. That means a party needs to be happening as soon as possible. I need to get high. James's house is lovely, but Mrs. Potter can smell even the lightest puff of anything," Sirius groaned around his piece of bacon, "At least she's not bad on the eyes."