piano

That Friday came in a whir of mixed emotions for Feyre who was still upset over the way she left things with Remus. The group had done as they promised, and most of the seventh and sixth years were buzzing with the excitement of what the party would bring. The Room of Requirement was filled with lanterns and blasting music. A haze from the smoke had filled the room, and people were scattered across the large space. The marauders stood in the middle of the room. Their faces were alight with mischeviousness, and their eyes were glazed from the intoxication.

     "This is so much FUN," Feyre said as she spun around to the beat of the music.

     "Oh, shove it Feyre, you're too high to think straight," Sirius barked over the chatter.

     "Fuck you, Padfoot." She replied as she found herself dancing with him.

     "Anytime, Hops."

     Her face heated as laughter spilled from both of their lips and the alcohol took control of their actions.

     James was leaning against the wall, his arm balancing him from where he had it above his head as he spoke to  a red head who glared up at him.

     "One dance, Evans. Just one," he smirked as he cocked his head to rest against his arm.

     "In your dreams, Potter. Deflate your big head," she said as she watched his expression break for a second.

     "You are always in my dreams, Lily," he whispered, and her guard fell as she looked up at him.

     Soon it was gone as a smart smirk filled his features, "You are sick Potter. God, I knew you couldn't change."

     She strode away from him toward her group of friends, and James pouted as he watched her leave.

     Remus was drinking water as he spoke softly with Frank Longbottom. His brown eyes were light, and they were glued onto his four best friends. He was watching them for he was the only one able to stand straight.

     "They are too intoxicated to think properly," he scoffed with slight admiration lacing his condescending tone.

     "Join 'em, Lupin. You look like you need it," Frank laughed as he took in the taller's tight stature.

     Peter was lost at the desert table with a Hufflepuff girl as they giggled over the cream on her nose.

     Feyre laughed when James approached them in a sad, forsaken way.

     "Let go, James. Don't let her get you down tonight," she took the blunt from Sirius's lips and handed it to James, "Now, Sirius, you go dance with that Ravenclaw you've been eyeing all night. James, let's get Remus drunk."

     Sirius was gone from their vision quickly, and the pair stumbled toward their sober friend.

     "Moony, there needs to be alcohol in your system," James said as he blew a puff of smoke toward his direction.

     "James, look, Lily's dancing with Diggory. Maybe you should do something about that," Lupin replied sarcastically.

     James stumbled away with an angry expression as Feyre giggled next to Frank. She pouted when Remus turned back to her, "That wasn't very nice."

     "Who said I was nice?"

     "Me," she challenged.

     "Yeah, well, you've never been good at judging a guy's character," Remus snapped at the buzzed girl.

     "What do you mean?" she paused with a new found fire sparking in her eyes. Frank was backing away toward Alice.

     "Oh, please, Hops. Like you can tell which guy is a good guy. Your too busy trying to get into their pants. You are almost as bad as Sirius."