nineteen

(a/n ; harry is so adorable wtaf)

"A large french vanilla latte, please." I smiled at the barista, handing her the money. She gave me back my change, and started making my coffee. I looked around at the small cafe, impressed. I was currently touring around the campus of the University I was going to attend, and I came across this cute place. The far wall was a giant bookshelf, reminding me of the one in Beauty and the Beast. Where you order there was a large chalkboard that had everything you could order on it. The opposite wall had booths, and the one by the door had windows as walls, and small two-people tables. The barista handed me my coffee, and I smiled at her. I walked towards the booths, noticing a girl sitting by herself.

"Is it alright if I sit here?" I asked her, my voice soft. She nodded hesitantly, and I slid into the seat across from her. She looked to be the same age as me, either eighteen or nineteen. Her skin was very tan, much more than myself. Her hair was a dark brown, except for the underneath layer which was a dark purple. Her eyes were a light brown with specks of green.

"My name is Tamara." She offered a weak smile to me, obviously nervous. Well of course she is, stranger danger.

"I'm Zoe." I smiled at her. She nodded, looking down to her phone. Then her eyes shot back up.

"Wait, Zoe? Like, as in the one who has the same mark as Harry Styles?" I took a deep breath, looking at my hands.

"Yeah, I am." I nodded, picking at my nail polish.

"That has to be so stressful!" I looked up at her, nodding.

"Trust me, it really is. I don't even have faith in us at this point." I bit my lip, feeling very emotional at this point. Why was I even telling this to a stranger?

"I feel you, dude. I found out last night who my soulmate was, and I don't know what to do about it." She looked pretty upset, causing me to frown.

"Well what's wrong with him?" I asked sipping my coffee now that it's cooled down a bit.

"Just that. It's not a him." My eyes widened in shock.

"Wait... as in, it's a girl? Like, vagina and everything?" She nodded.

"Exactly. I didn't even know that was possible, but according to the internet it's not as uncommon as you think. I just don't know what to do, I'm hardcore religious and I thought homosexuality was a sin."

"Well," I took a second to think about how to word this. "as we both know, it wasn't God who physically wrote the bible. Maybe for all we know, thats not what he wanted? I mean, obviously if many people of the same gender are soulmates, he intended for it to be that way. You wouldn't be matched with her if he honestly believed it was a sin." I smiled at her, and she nodded.

"Wow, you're right. Thank you so much. I should probably talk to her. You're awesome, Zoe, and I hope you and Harry work out." She smiled at me, grabbing her stuff and sliding out of the booth.

"Thank you. I hope everything works out for you too!" We both wave goodbye, and she left the cafe.

I took a deep breath, staring at the now empty seat in front of me. Learning this gave me a whole different outlook on the soulmate thing. Obviously God wanted Harry and I together, but that doesn't mean that's what will happen. I'm sure theres many people who find out they were meant to be gay, yet they ignore it or they deny the fact all together. Even if it was what God wanted though, Harry still messed up. He went out with Kendall, and he looked happy with her, then he couldn't even be honest with me about it. Maybe I didn't give him a chance to explain properly?

I shook my head, knowing I couldn't change my mind on my decision. If I were to ever be with Harry, I need to be able to trust him. He has to prove himself to me, if he really wants to be with me, he would do that. Right?

My phone started ringing in my hand, and I saw it was Mr. Smith. I pressed answer, holding the phone up to my ear.

"What do you want?" I groaned, setting my empty coffee cup on the table. I didn't even realize I've been drinking it the whole time.

"Tonight is the first concert of the tour, and I need you to attend. You just need to be seen around backstage, or around the venue by fans so they know you and Harry are still a thing. I'll have you picked up at five at your hotel. Oh, and wear something nice." He hung up on me, and I rolled my eyes. I checked the time and saw that it was one. I grabbed my bag, getting out of the booth. I threw my empty cup away and left the cafe, walking towards some shops. I had gotten my first paycheck a couple days ago, and I was ready to buy something really nice to make Harry regret everything he ever did to me.

-----

sorry this was basically a filler, no harry :-( but i wanted to put a little more information about the whole soulmate thing, so there ya go!

question from MarcelsCuteButtons ; Who's your Otp in the band?

i'm larry af omg

question from heartfeltsoul_ ; What's your favorite song and why?

it'd have to be spaces by one direction, idk why really it just gives me feels i was in love immediately

highlight here and ask any question!

my question for you ; what's your favorite 1D album? uan, tmh, mm, or four? x

also guys im sososososo excited only 19 days until my concert im on the floor omfg im so asdfghjkl; !!!! august 18th aka thEIR BIGGEST VENUE HELL TO THE YEAH

ALSO HOW FITTING 19 DAYS AND ITS CHAPTER 19 AY

-rebecca x