Chapter 27

Paige's pov

It's been two days since Linda came over and made her confession. And it has been two days since Mason has been sulking like his best friend died.

I get it. He has been betrayed by one of the people who is supposed to love and care for him until they take their last breath. But I keep trying to tell him that it's life.

We are mostly hurt by the ones we care the most about. They take us for granted because they think we will always forgive and forget. That's not always the case though.

Yeah I forgave my parents because I got something great out of what they did to me. I got Mason and soon I will have two precious children.

I just hope that Mason will find the good out of the situation and make things right between him and his mother. I have talked to her every day since the incident and she knows that she was wrong but she still wants an update on how her son is doing, which is understandable. I haven't told Mason because he will probably freak and ban me from talking to her.

As of right now, he is in his office working his cute little butt off. Ever since the new information came out, he has been devising a plan to take down Jared and his entire pack. A little extreme? Maybe. But in his eyes, it's the perfect punishment for messing with his soon to be family.

After I finish my pitiful breakfast, since Mason has been too busy to fool for me, I head up to his office. I open the door and find him on the phone.

Big surprise there. Note the sarcasm.

He looks up towards me and raises his eyebrows and I just shrug my shoulders. I mouth 'I'm bored' and he just laughs and pushes away from his desk and opens his arms for me.

I do not waste any time getting into his lap. I love, love, love when he wraps his arms around me. Since I'm pregnant, it makes it even better because he will rub my belly, which feels amazing by the way.

He buries his head into my neck and while he talks, his breath fans on my neck and it makes me shiver.

"Well I want him taken out."

"No not banished. I want that bastard dead. He has made plenty of threats towards my mate and my babies. I won't have it. I don't want him anywhere near her."

I listen but, I can't make much of the conversation when I hear just Mason's side.

"Look. I want to get over there in the next week. I'm getting married in a little over a week and I want the problem dealt with. I don't want to take chances of him ruining my wedding because if he does, I won't go easy on him. Understood?"

"FIND HIM!"

When Mason shouted, I flinched. He never shouts and I don't like it at all. It is really scary and I feel bad for the person on the other line. Mason doesn't say goodbye. He just slams the phone down and I am surprised that he didn't break it with the force that he used.

"Uh. Babe. Everything okay?" I can't believe I'm actually scared. He can be really intimidating at times.

"Hey." He turned me so I was sitting side ways on his lap so he could see me better. I can't exactly straddle him because of my huge stomach.

"I'm sorry for yelling. I didn't mean to scare you. But no it's not okay. Apparently Jared just up and left his pack. No one knows a thing except for Megan but she has evacuated also. I don't want to sit and wait for him to show up. I HATE not being in control of situations."

I nuzzled my head against his chest. "Hey. Everything is going to be okay. I promise. I love you."

"I love you too."