Chapter Two

A/N: Second chapter!! I heard a lot of people like this story, so I made this extra long just for you :* So I worked at this yesterday for a whole freaking two hours continuosly, and I'm really excited about it. I just need to know what you guys think of it. Okay. I''m gonna stop talking now.

Oh, one more tiny thing. Thankyou RozaDimitri for voting! and commenting! :*

Guns N' Roses

Chapter Two

Music blasted from the stereo as the Honda swerved past the next curve and darted through the intersection, bringing an onslaught of horns and angry remarks. The driver ignored everything and drove even faster, muttering something under his breath.

He leaned towards the backseat and searched for something, cursing again when his hands came up empty. He turned back to the road, narrowly avoiding a crash with a silver minivan coming in the opposite direction.

The station turned to static, buzzing loudly as the connection was terminated. He turned the dial without looking, shutting it off.

The night was quiet now. The bushes seemed threatening, the owls seemed like pairs of flashlights ready to pounce on him and the sirens were not far off. Life as a lawyer had not prepared him for this kind of situation. He pushed the accelerator to the floor. The car jerked forward and he let out a small cry of surprise, not removing his foot from the pedal. There were no barriers now, no bushes and certainly no road. It was all a blur of colours and terrain. He could barely make out the edge of the road as he rode down and down the highway. A couple of houses could be seen here and there, the starting of a small civilisation, the starting of people.

He ran one hand through his thinning blonde hair and gritted his teeth. Something worried him. Something told him that this was not right, that he should not be here. He should not know these things. But he was a curious man, and he did not let anyone get the better of him. Not even himself.

He spotted an ambulance come up behind him in the mirror and slowed down to fifty miles per hour. The ambulance rushed past him in a second, its lights blaring, the siren wailing.

He blinked once. The people in the ambulance had looked so worried to him. So frightened. Did they find what they had thought? Did he dare find out?

The lawyer floored the accelerator once again, not slowing down until he spotted the ambulance from earlier parked outside a small country house. The streets were thin on either side, the population low, as it would be in a small town such as this. There was a lack of proper tar and marking and the trees behind the houses made the setting perfect for a getaway murder.

The lawyer stopped the car a few houses away and got out quickly, barely remembering to lock it properly. He ran towards the scene and rushed past an officer trying to convince an old lady that there had only been one casualty and that she could not do anything to help.

He glanced at her as he ran past, noticing the grandmother of two from the street across. She had provided them with information when they had come yesterday, mistaking her house for Mr. Willkiss'. The same one the police had taped off.

He rushed Mr. Willkiss' one now. It stood out in the night because of all the sirens and lights, unlike the day they had come to visit him. There hadn't been a mailbox. He remembered that. Or a mail-slot. Something that puzzled him still.

He stopped short as an officer grabbed on to his arm.

'I'm sorry, sir.' he said pushing him away. 'But this is as far as you can come.'

'What happened?' he asked. The officer pushed him a few feet away and let go.

'Murder. Someone stabbed him. A lot.' he grimaced and turned his head away towards the trees near the back of the house, as if that would help him overcome his disgust. This provided the lawyer to have a good look at the scene behind the police line.