six from the planets she believed in

like the weak torn paper lifted by the winds to the stars, to the moon; to the sun; to the unknown. That was the emotions like in opal's house. she never experienced the warmth of the embrace; they never hugged.

her father told her once to not cry in front of anyone; it was only for the weak and torn people. she did it in her own room, only the stars and the homeless birds that visits opal knew. her weeping became a song to them. that was why the hopeless looked at the stars and the weak looked at the birds.

she wanted to be strong. she locked all the sorrows. her heart became a wild animal, jumping and roaring. without her strong ribs it'd be gone taking her life away too. opal's father was busier than ever and her mother paid her full attention to her little sister and brother. her parents said, "she's fifteen. she can take care of herself."

today they went to the mall. her mother went to where she desired, a place certainly opal wasn't interested in. therefore, she went with her father who took her little brother and sister to play.

people were busy laughing and taking pictures. in that place happiness was celebrating, dancing on children's laughs. but people's joy stabbed opal. she wanted to be happy too. it was her wish that she whispered to the universe every night before she closed her eyes.

she was slowly becoming a body without a soul. her soul became rebellious, trying to run away from the pain.

opal watched her little sister laughing and her brother smiling wide. and then, she broke.

the fire of her sorrows burned her eyes. she looked at the ceiling. the lights were blinding her.

and she wondered, how when we were children, we brought the light easily to the darkest soul?

there was always a bright side; however, opal never built a shield for herself there. she preferred to watch the demons sneak in her head, till they abduct her sight and filled them with darkness.

but these demons never knew that the darkness exists to make the light appears with its glory and beauty. they never knew; however, opal needed to know.