Chapter 2- New Start

I sat down on the sofa in my new little house and sighed. It felt good to finally relax.

I was able to find a house in a little under 2 hours, it was right outside the town. Apparently the person who lived here before me passed away a year ago, and the furniture was left in the house. That made it easier for me, because I don't have to go and spend money on a whole set of furniture. All it took was a little bit of dusting, and it was all set to live in.

All that was left to do was to go and buy the other necessities to get by on. That included food for the kitchen, bedding supplies for the bed, and some cleaning supplies. I decided that shopping for these items could wait until after I took a much needed nap. All that driving wore me out, and the peace of being away from Jefferey coaxed me into a deep sleep.

I awake to darkness and reach over to the coffee table to grab the phone that I bought on my way here. It was a simple flip phone that would get me by until I found a job to pay for a better phone that was not on the same contract as Jefferey. I left my old iPhone on the kitchen table before I left, knowing that he could possibly find a way to track me down.

I flipped the phone up to find out that it was nearing 7 o'clock. I have been asleep for nearly 7 hours. My stomach grumbled, and I knew that I should probably go and find a place to eat. The shopping would have to wait till tomorrow.

I head into the bathroom and freshen up, before I get into my car and drive back towards the town. I remembered seeing a bar and grill about 10 minutes from my new place, so I decided to try it out.

I walked inside and was surprised to see that it was packed. This must be the hangout place of the town. I looked around for a table, and was disappointed when there were no tables vacant. I turned to head to the bar when I heard someone shout my name.

"Cara!" A masculine voice yelled and I quickly turned around to see Tanner waving his hand from a table that was about three away from where I was standing. I waved and he motioned for me to come over.

As I approached the table, I realized that there was another guy that was sitting across from him. The man had blonde hair that was spiked at the front, his eyes were a jade color, and he had the cowboy look going on for him as well.

I turned my focus from the mystery man back to Tucker who had stood up from the table. "It's good to see you again." He smiled which sent butterflies flying in my stomach.

"It's good to see you too." I replied as mystery guy cleared his throat. My gaze shifted to the table and Tanner chuckled.

"Cara, this is my buddy Luke. Luke, this is Cara." He introduced us. I smiled as Luke shook my hand and smirked.

"It's nice to meet you. Tanner didn't mention that he had a new lady."

Lady? I turned my attention toward Tanner whose cheeks were turning a little pink. If I thought normal Tanner was adorable, this version was even cuter.

"Luke, don't you have some girls to pick up tonight?" Tanner asked looking back over at his friend. Luke looked back confused, and then nodded. He stood and faced me.

"Yep. I should go and get it done. It was nice meeting you Cara. You two kids have fun." He smirked and then disappeared into the crowd of people.

"Sorry about him...He's something else." Tanner chuckled and I let out a laugh. "No apology needed, he seems nice." I replied and truly meant it. Tanner motioned to the other side of the table and smiled "Care to join me for dinner?"

I took a seat across from Tanner and set my purse beside me. "Thanks for letting me join... I was worried that I was not going to be able to find a place to eat." I admitted folding my hands in my lap. He watched me from across the table with a smile on his face, and it was then that I realized how nervous I truly was. How long has it been since I have been on a real date now? 6 years? I can't even remember the last time I have spent out at a public place with a man other than Jefferey. Then again, he didn't say this was a date. I mean obviously he is just being nice because he realized I couldn't find a place to sit and--