Chap.3

Sky's pov.

I fish around in my bag looking for a pen, and let out a frustrated sigh.

This is the second time that Hayden has 'borrowed' something of mine and hadn't returned it, now I'm out of luck.

No pen means I can't take down notes which mean I will get five percent taken off of my final grade for today.

"Aye skyster need a pen?" I glance at Ben and smile softly.

"Thanks Beny you're a life saver." He smiles cheekily and tilts his head.

"Like the candy or doctor? Cause the candy's hella good and I wouldn't mind being the candy."

Frowning I poke his chest.

"Language mister!" Ben ruffles my hair like I'm a kid with a laugh. When in reality I'm a grown man, yeah I might be four foot eight, but I'm still a man...yeesh.

"You're ranting in your head again." Scowling at him I roll my eyes.

"Just hush and give me the pen." He looks around in his satchel and hands it to me, hurrying to get to his seat when the teacher clears her throat.

"So class let's get started! Today we will be learning about different pie crusts and techniques." My body slumps down in a chair by my station, and I whip out my note book for notes.

"We will take notes about the different kinds. Then we'll each try one, but they will be hand picked for you by little ole me."

Everyone groans out their opinions while I sigh mentally. I'm just glad that it's not something really hard.

And at least she's not making us really cook anything.

"You will also make a filling for the crust. Therefore we will be making pies. You will be judged on flavor, technique, and presentation."

Oops spoke to soon.

                                       • • •

"Sarah pinwheel, Ben turnover, Sky traditional style, and Louise trimming."

I stand up and walk around to my station, pulling out all the ingredient that I'll need for my grandmothers famous apple pie.

It comes in handy when your forced to learn all the families secret recipes. "Good luck skyster." Smiling at Ben I put a thumbs up.

"What filling are you going to make?"

I shrug my shoulders and  look through my cupboard. "Uh...I guess I'll make apple, you?" Humming loudy he moans.

"I'll make blueberry, I think I bought some for here."

A smirk appears on my face and  I shake my head. "No, I bought some but you can have them. She said buy fruits today, so I just bought bunches. I thought we'd make like a fruit salad or something of the sorts. Not a whole friggin pie."

Laughing he grabs the cartoon of blueberries from my hand. "Yeah I know I brought bananas."

Raising an eyebrow I scrunch up my nose.

"Why...although bananas are my favorite fruit would you buy bananas?" Beaming he pulls out his cookbook.

"I don't know, I just grabbed the first fruit I seen in the isle. I was kind of running late today, but where's your cookbook?"

Looking around I wave my hand. "Don't need one. This recipe is up here."

I tap my forehead lightly. "My granny taught me everything I know."

Ben sticks his tongue out with a pout. "No fair Mrs. Louis taught you her pie recipes. They're awesome, remember when I spent the night–" I hold my hand up and cut him off.

"Wow Mrs. L your pies are the greatest, can I marry you ouch- Mr. L I'm kidding."

I mimick him in a squeaky girly voice. "I didn't sound like that." Oh yeah Ben sounded like a girl, well until he turned nineteen. Aren't you suppose to hit pubity like when you're twelve?

Scrunching my nose up I bite my lip. "Hey quit speaking to yourself."

My eyes flick back over to Ben and I shake my head. "I've known you all my life. You and Hayden didn't hit puberty until you were both nineteen, so I'm pretty sure both of you sounded like girls."

Ben throws a blueberry at me and it hit my temple. "Mr. Remsy no throwing food! Five points off your grade for today."

Whining Ben pouts and folds his arms. "B-but he started it!"

He says pointing towards me and I blush and hide away from curious gazes. "What? I did not you just got angry at the truth."

He gives me the evil eye, mouth set in a grim line. "Yeah yeah get back to work." I pour the apples and filling into my homemade pie crust and shove it into the oven for an hour.

"So what club are you and Hayden going to tonight?" I hum to myself softly and start to clean my station.

"Uh–some club named Seduction, at least I think that's what it's called." I glance up quickly at his gasp, and raise my eyebrow in questioning. "What is it?"

He puts up his ingredients and turns around. "That's a kink club you know."

A what? A kink club...what is that? It must be something bad, because he looks like he's constipated.

"A kink club, what is that?" Ben shakes his head in amusement with a low chuckle.

"Oh you're too innocent little skyster!" Pouting I stomp my foot. "Answer the fudging question!"

I whisper yell in frustration. "Okay, okay chill you deranged bunny."

He holds his hands up in front of his body. "A kink club is like Bdsm, you know whips and chains. Fuck me while you spank me type of club."

I gulp  audibly and lean agasint my counter.

"I'm not going." Smiling softly he shrugs his shoulders.

"I think you should go, I mean you don't have to do the stuff that's going in the club, but you never do anything fun." I nibble on my bottom lip.

"I'm not outgoing Ben, and I don't do the whole club scene any way. I agreed but this, this is way too far. Hayden was probably going to not tell me until we got there any how.

So you saved me once again today. " I open the oven checking in on my pie.

"Well you should at least go, and if you don't like it, you can call me and I'll come pick you up." Sighing I close the oven back up.

"Well I guess so, but when I do, you better have ice cream and magazines waiting for me." He laughs and leans against the counter.

"Okay but this time no face mask, it just makes my man ego deflate."

I shrug my shoulders with an impassive face. "Okay, then you have to throw in Broke Back Mountain."

Groaning he bangs his head down on the counter. "Fine we can do the face masks, maybe Holly will like one too."

I whisper yell  and nod my head.

"Yes I love your girlfriend, she's awesome." Hopefully I'll hate this club, no I know I'll hate it.

{edited 6/12/16}