Chapter 5

Mason jolted up in his bed, awoken by blood-curdling screams and the startling smell of thick, black smoke. "No.. no no no no..not now.." He panicked, stumbling over his blankets that were now strewn across the wooden floor as he dashed towards his window. Mason tore open the curtains to reveal a sight that made his heart sink. Thick black smoke trailed upwards away from the village, which lay in giant flames that engulfed it. Along with the fire, squid warriors with heavy looking dark blue armor on and large dark blue swords fought with the protectors of the village; the king's knights. There were few guards on duty that day, because there hadn't been an attack for more than a decade, and they hadn't been expecting one for a long time.Mason grabbed his spare diamond armor, bow and arrow, and diamond sword from his closet. They were there for emergencies like this. He threw his door open and ran down the corridor, making his wat to the large grand staircase, ready to fight his enemies. This was it. The moment he had been preparing for. The day the squids attacked. He ran through the large spruce door that lead to a large stone staircase. Mason tried not to trip as he dashed down the uneven stone. As his foot hit the cobblestone path that lead into the village, he gasped. It wasn't only just fire and squids. There were minions of Herobrine. They were clad in all black armour, and wore wither skulls atop their heads. They were bad news.Herobrine's minions practiced in sorcercy, and could take down a fully armored man with one hit. They were trained by Herobrine himself; so they were the best of the best.But, after years of education over Minecraftia's history, he remembered something, They have a weak spot. Melee attacks. Mason crept behind one and thrusted his sword through the minion's back, killing him instantly. He moved on to the next, killing that one swiftly as well. Questions swam in his mind as he slayed them, itching to be answered. How is Herobrine affiliated with the squids? Why did the squids attack today, of all days? How many squids are attacking at the moment? Mason pushed them to the back of his mind, focused on what he was doing. Well, mostly focused. A fiery ball of black magic came flying towards him, hitting him.
Everything went black.