Chapter 8

Groans and moans followed Mason's path as he ran from the green undead beings behind him, stumbling on rocks and ferns as he huffed and puffed. He had found himself in a jungle biome, running from a large horde of zombies that had came out of the caves surrounding his temporary camp. The moon's glow filtered through the canopy, giving him little to no light to see with. This was his first night after leaving his old kingdom for good. Of course, he had to have the worst luck on the planet, so this was the result. Being chased by monsters at night through a giant, seemingly-endless jungle. "What have I gotten myself into?!" Mason muttered under his breath. After 5 more minutes of running, he saw a bright yellow light in the distance. He ran even quicker, trying to reach it as quickly as possible. He could tell it was a house by the way the light looked. It was emmited by a redstone lamp. Mason reached the house faster than he expected, throwing open the doors and slamming them loudly behind him. He muttered a string of curse words loudly. After finally catching his breath, Mason checked out the interior of the house. Bookcases lined the walls, and dusty swords hung on the wooden walls. There were two windows; one on the side of the house that he came into and one on the back wall. A hallway lead off the right wall that had about five doors in it. A small doorway on the left wall looked like it lead to the kitchen, judging by the black and white checkered tile. Mason heard a 'bump' sound, soon accompanied by a few curses that were uttered by someone with a heavy accent. The prince panicked, rushing into the kitchen. He was too slow. A large, muscular man with a purle jumper and green pajama pants and an eye patch was looking straight at Mason. He had his sword pointed at his throat. "Who are you and why have you come here?!"The mystery man yelled angrily. "This might be the end......" Mason thought.

Hey guys! hope you enjoyed the chapter, you'll be seeing some new characters soon ;) Who is the mystery man? Put your guesses in the comments below! Oh, and by the way, 200 READS! I am so glad i made it this far, i enjoy writing this a lot! Thanks for reading!