♚ A State of Accidie ♚

(QUICK AN: sorry for taking forever to update - to remind you of what happened last time, basically Dan and Phil went to a crime scene, saw a dead body, found a possible link between murders in the form of music, and then went out for dinner before someone crashed through the window)

When the person landed on their table, Dan and Phil had very different reactions.

Phil helped the person up.

Dan went off to find who did it.

Phil didn't realise Dan had gone until a few minutes had passed, once he'd checked over the person to see if they had any collapsed organs or broken bones. Apart from a minor arm sprain and many cuts and bruises, they seemed to be in good shape... considering what had just happened.

After he'd been called a hero, which he firmly denied, he realised Dan had been awfully quiet. Then realised he hadn't been there at all.

He tried not care - really, he did. But soon he panicked and got up speedily, running round wondering where he'd gone. After running around the restaurant, he found he wasn't anywhere inside. So he ventured out into the dark street.

Outside, an ambulance was speeding down the road. Once it had come to a halt the paramedics practically leapt out the car. Phil directed them to the person, but didn't guide them. He was worried now, about where Dan had got to.

Dan emerged from the bleakness soon after. He was almost invisible, seeing as his whole outfit was black. But when the blue and red lights hit his face he was no longer hidden by night's coat. He strolled towards Phil, not seeming to care about the chaos around them. He was entirely focused on Phil, as if he was the only sight worth seeing. Phil felt flustered under his gaze, but didn't shy away from it. He was relieved he'd finally found him. But the pain at having lost him still ached. He didn't like being out the loop with Dan. He liked knowing where people were. And Dan had vanished like a phantom into the night.

Safe to say he was slightly disgruntled.

"You're hurt," Dan said faintly.

"What?" Were his emotions that obvious? Yes, Dan running off had hurt him, but he'd always thought he was good at masking-

"You're bleeding."

"Oh."

He was right. He was good at concealing his emotions.

"Do you want me to-"

"I'm a doctor. I can fix myself."

He came closer, totally unaware of personal space. "Let me find the cut at least."

He brushed his black fringe out the way. His fingers held onto Phil's chin as his eyes searched for a cut. It was a long time that passed, with Dan staring unbashedly at his face. Eventually he mumbled something, but Phil, who had poor hearing, couldn't understand him.

"Huh?"

"You're bleeding but there's no cut."

"It could just be the girl's blood."

"Oh."

Dan didn't move away. He looked Phil in the eye now. Staring into his soul. It started off as a cold gaze, but it soon became warm - affectionate, even.

And that made Phil even more bitter.

"You can let go now," Phil said, a hint of sourness seeping into his tone.

Dan snapped out of whatever haze he'd been in and moved his hand away. "Right. Yes."

After Dan had put some space between them, Phil asked "Where did you go?"