Second Year

"What a great game." Severus exclaims as we make our way back to the castle of a great Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor. "I love Quidditch."

"You only love it when Slytherin wins, the rest of the time you say it's pointless and a waste of time."

"It is pointless and a waste of time, but I like winning." I roll my eyes. As we walk past the fountain I notice a foot, a Quidditch boot. "Something wrong?" Sev asks, I hadn't realised I had stopped moving.

"No, uh, I'll catch up." Sev nods and continues to the castle. I sit next to the foot. "James?" The foot disappears. "It was your first game, you should be proud, you played really well."

"Not good enough." He mumbles.

"James, can you take off you cloak so I don't feel like a crazy person." I hear a soft chuckle and then James appear next to me. He folds the invisibility cloak and places it in his lap. "I've never seen you so glum before. You're always laughing and joking, it's weird seeing you like this."

"I don't feel like smiling or joking. I'm a failure." I laugh quietly.

"Let me get this straight; you, James Potter, are admitting defeat?"

"It just looks like Quidditch isn't my sport." He says, pulling his glasses off his face, he rubs his eyes.

"So you're just going to give up. After one game?"

"Maybe..."

"Ah! Jamsie boy! We finally found you!" Sirius says, bounding up to us like a dog. "Hello Evans." I smile at James and stand up.

"I'll see you at the feast then. Commiserations on the game James, I know you'll do way better next time." I smile comfortingly at him and walk back to the castle.

5%;