Seventh Year

I stand by the fountain and twist my fingers together nervously. He was supposed to be here ten minutes ago. Three minutes later he finally comes running up the steps.

"Sorry I'm late, but Padfoot had a thing and I had to be there. But that doesn't matter. You look beautiful." I look down at my outfit; black pumps, pale pink skirt, navy blue t'shirt and a black coat. I guess I don't look too bad.

"So what are we doing here?" I ask. He smiles and pulls a galleon out of his pocket. He holds it out to me. "Kiss it." I look at him dubiously. "I want my wish to come true, that'll only happen if you kiss it for luck." I laugh at him but kiss the stupid coin anyway. He kisses it and then throws it in the fountain. Then he just stare at where it landed.

"Well...what now?" I demand. He turns to me and smiles. Then out of nowhere he kisses me. "Is that what you wished for?" I ask when he pulls away.

"No, I wished that you would say yes to the next question I ask you." I look at him confused.

"Okay...ask away."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He doesn't meet my eyes and is fidgeting. I smile at how nervous he is. I kiss his cheek.

"Yes." I whisper in his ear. He smile triumphantly and takes my hand, leading me back to the castle.