chapter ii.

"I look ridiculous, Pamela, please let me go back inside my home and stay there," I begged, as Pamela tried to arrange my hair for the fourth time. She was leaning over to the passenger side where I sat, tugging at my hair.

I was in an olive colored T-Shirt dress, wearing a triangle shaped necklace and gold bracelets. I had on a pair of black sandals, that was covered in gold studs. Pamela was trying to put my box braids into two French braids, but she couldn't even make it to the end.

Pamela sighed, sitting back in her seat before strapping on her seatbelt. "Your hair is too long, but I kind of made your hair look wavy, I'm liking it," Pamela smirked, strapping on her seat belt, before starting the engine.

The ride was actually quite short, with the two of us singing with the radio on full blast and our windows rolled down. Pamela's hair was whipping all over the place and getting in her mouth and I couldn't help but laugh. I absolutely adored this girl, she was probably my most favorite person on this Earth.

"There it is, see?" Pamela shouted over the music, pointing to the large white gates just down the road from us. I nodded, instinctively running my fingers through my hair trying to fix the mess within it from our singing moment.

She pulled up to the gate and gave the guard the invitation, along with the gate code number, and we were let in. The houses were large and beautiful, surrounded by these large palm trees and luscious grass. There was nothing anyone could tell to prove Daniel wasn't rich, these homes are the kind millionaires buy.

Pamela turned off the music and pulled up to a beige colored two-story home on the end of Russell Road, that was already lined with other cars on the street. Pamela parked on the very end of the street, the opposite of the house, before we got out.

"Just have fun, dance maybe," Pamela told me, "I want you to come out of the party a changed person, alright, mate?"

"I'll try my best, Pam, but you have to promise me you won't get drunk or anything," I begged, "I don't know how to go back to my apartment from here."

Pamela gave me a shrug, as if to say 'I'll try my best' as we walked towards Daniel's home. I could hear her heels clicking against the pavement, I could practically hear her confidence. She wore a two piece, a long sleeve red crop top, and a long pencil skirt. Her black hair was put in a tight bun on the top of her head (she had some curls but the wind messed it up), and she had on gold hoop earrings. She was truly beautiful.

Pamela rang the bell twice before a random man opened the door. I could already smell the alcohol coming off of his breath and his eyes were this ugly pinkish color. I was not okay with the setting of this place, and I wanted out immediately.

"Pamela, I'm giving you two hours, if I don't like it here, we need to leave," I whispered in her ear as we walked inside the house. She nodded, shutting the door behind us. The smell was pleasant with the slight tingle of beer within it. It was bearable for now, but I knew I would be sick of it sooner or later.

"Pamela, look me in the eye, and promise me you won't get drunk," I said quickly as Pamela picked up a cup of alcohol. She laughed and she downed the whole thing, receiving a gasp from me.

"Don't worry, mate, it takes a lot for me to get drunk, anyway, we'll be fine," Pamela winked.

She's fucking drunk.

About a full container of alcohol has been downed by Pamela in the past hour, and she's now dancing like a crazy woman with Daniel in front of everyone. I warned her about dancing with him, and there she is, letting him grab onto her hips as she grinds against him.