Chapter 1: The Storm

The ocean has many faces.

The elegant, majestic currents that controls the ocean. Striking all who witness its power with fear and awe.

The playful, foamy waves that push back and forth on the beaches of the world. Mostly shallow but loyal to the currents that push it into its never ending dance.

The murky depths of the ocean, long forgotten by the currents that rule the ocean. Trapped in perpetual darkness that remains shrouded in mystery.

And the current oriented whirlpools. Created by the power of the mighty ocean, is direction-less without it. Although powerful in its own right.

Mighty storms are the product of every function working in harmony. A gale of powerful emotions leaving devastation in its wake.

...

The space ship was getting closer to the storm. The winds were whipping at full force, hopeing to blow it out of the sky. The storm itself was moving faster then any other by human standards.

The space ship pressed on, penetrating the nest of violent, dark clouds that concealed their main targets.

"Aqua! We can't keep them at bay forever! We need to end this here and now!"

"No! There must be a way to resolve this peacefully somehow..."

"Agh! I can't take this anymore!" A burst of light followed the argument, and the winds of the storm began to fade. A gigantic explosion followed suit, the humanoid creature crumbled into four and fell into the sea.

...

It was relatively quiet in Beach City, the wind had picked up a bit due to the squall that had appeared of shore but there were no signs of the giant monsters the locals were used too. It was also quiet at the temple that held the home of Steven Quartz Universe, eerily quiet.

"Pearl! Amethyst!!!" The small Universe boy hollered in his empty house, his voice echoing off the walls. The Crystal Gems had just come home from a long day of tracking Peridot and Steven decided to take a nap, not knowing everyone would just leave. He had even checked all of their rooms throughout the Temple and decided that no one was home.

Walking out onto his porch, Steven was overfilled with joy when he spotted Garnet on the beach.

"Hey Garnet!!" Steven exclaimed as he ran towards her with all the strength his tiny legs would give him. When he got to her, she didn't acknowledge him, her eyes fixed on the storm on the horizon.

"This isn't good," Garnet mumbled to herself as she took a step foreword.

"What's-" Steven was cut off by the sound of an explosion coming from the squall. The storm itself was dissolving but what was inside was truly shocking; the giant form of a creature could be seen, engulfed in light.

"Steven. Get inside. This could be dangerous."