Chapter 7

I ran over to the window. It was huge. Actually that was an understatement, it was massive! There was a huge river and mountain sides, skyscrapers as tall as your dreams and magnificent houses stretching across the rolling hills. We went back into a tunnel for a few minutes and emerged out into a train station. Compacted with hundreds of fans attempting to catch a glimpse of Will and I. Wow, we got that famous literally over night. 

Will and I waved and smiled at them politely. Their clothing is so outrageous, that it looks like a toddler had grabbed a whole bunch of different colours and coloured in the entire page. There is just about every single shade of colour imaginable in amongst that crowd.

Then we elapsed into another tunnel. This time slowing down.

We got off the train and immediately were taken two different ways by peacekeepers. Sarah, Flora and I were taken one way and Will and Jacob the other. There was obviously a gender thing happening here.

Sarah and Flora were separated from me when we got to some building doors. I bided them farewell. I still didn't know where I was going though.

I was taken inside and was put onto a long steal tray. Were they serving me up for main course or something?

It was set up like the grand hospital we have in District 4; blue curtains, weird looking beds and equipment on wheels. I was shut into my 'area' and told to sit on the metal tray thingy to avoid seeing the other female tributes. Then three of the strange Capitol people came into my shut curtained 'room'.

"Hello there Hazel. I'm Quinny." The short thin one with her makeup done in the shape of an eagle across her face was the first to talk. "And we are your perfectionists. We will be getting you ready for everything you will do in the Capitol. This is Heylee," she gestured to the mid height, short pixie haired woman covered in blue swirls, "and that's Hendrick". 

This man looked so out of place. He was black, completely black. By that, I mean he was all tattoo from head to toe in black print, barely showing his wonderful olive skin. His face was the only thing spared from the tattoos, but I'm sure he will get them done as well.

"Today we will be preparing your body for the tributes parade tonight. So we will have to remove all of that unwanted hair, a trim, a good wash, is that sand? Oh never mind, I guess you are from district 4. Which, by the way, automatically makes our job so much harder. Did you even have a shower on the train?" 

As a matter of fact I did. But, she wouldn't believe me anyway. I've had this layer of sand since I was kid, so there was noway they could get it off of me. "Your hair will need a good wash. We definitely need to do something about that growing slug on your forehead. I think that's about it." That growing slug, Quinny, is my eyebrows and yes they are ugly. Please do something about them, but don't make it hurt. "Alright let's get to it then. Hazel we will need you to take of your clothes and put on this. And hurry up, they don't give us much time". 

She handed me a blue bag-shaped dress thing. "I'm going to look so stylish in this" I muttered under my breath. I can already feel it's going to be a bad day. They slipped out as quickly as I got dressed.

They barged straight back in with all the weird tools they needed. They first washed me down. They used a mixture of water and soap that made it foam into a puffy pink colour all over my body. I then realised that this bag they gave me, let water through and was made out of elastic so that it could move and stretch when they needed it to. It was the weirdest feeling I've ever experienced. 

I decided to close my eyes to avoid eye contact while they worked. After that they pull out the scissors and when to work in my long hair. Then they washed, blow dried and brushed my hair to make it soft and silky. While my eyebrows were being plucked, I felt something smooth and sticky hit my skin. 

They know what they are doing, I hope. I than felt a yank and piecing pain struck the area where the smooth sticky thing had just left. I sat up straight trying to yank off the thing that is causing me pain. Haylee was holding a strip with my leg hair covering it. "I'm just waxing you. Seriously, you'll need to get used to it. There's plenty more where this (she was now pointy to the hair on the strip) came from."

"You yank hair from your legs? That's just stupid!" I said in pain.

"No, it's normal! Now lay down, we need to finish today!"

Hayley said in a plea, they were obviously behind schedule so I obeyed.

Hendrink moved to help her strip my body of its hair. Strip after strip, jolting plain after burning pain, the 'waxing' now became bare able. By this time, Quinny had finished plucking my face of its hairs and was starting to massage some type of cream into it.

After what seemed like hours of pulling away my dignity, they massaged a purple coloured cream into the areas they had stripped clean. Then they had finished and gave me one final 'hose' down before transporting me into a different room.

I lay here like an awkward turtle, not sure whether to move and sit up of to just chill and continue to lie here. Then I remember, my necklace.

I was still wearing it, they didn't take it off of me or even bother to check whether I'd taken it off or not. It reminded me of Henry. My own little piece of Henry. Something I could hold on to forever. That was always his. The spark will forever be mine as well. Technically hid dad had given it to me, though I still see it as his, so that I can keep piece of mind with me where ever I go. The very thought of seeing his calming smile again made me too smile.