Liberosis

The desire to care less about things

Your POV

"So much money you spend on medicine, Kogaro." I ripped the bandage away and starred at my arm. There was no sign of the relatively deep wound my friend had aided hours ago. "So much money you don't need to spend...

But it's better you spend it than your life to be endangered. "

I threw myself on the couch and enjoyed the darkness, filling the living room. 5:02am. If I were in luck, Kogaro would be so occupied with his newly arrived sister, that he wouldn't have time to check on me for the next few days, even though he lived in the building next to me. Faking injuries was annoying. I made a mental note to never ever let him find me after a fight, anyways. I wasn't positive he was going to believe the "injured in own apartment" story any longer.

I thought about my new hunting area and smiled to myself. Victory, everywhere I go. The 3rd ward belonged to me now, after having taken it with a fair fight. I guess I could have killed the previous "owner", but I had to hurry up to change my appearance and eat. But now, being satisfied, I was completely ready to take over other wards as well and if someone were to be more irritating that usual, I wasn't going to be as merciful as tonight.

For once and all, I was going to get all I wanted, three times. Because there wasn't only one me.

All the masks I possessed helped me create a number of people. They couldn't catch me, never. Because I was the Red Vapor, the Black Fox and the Shadow.

My Red Vapor mask I used when I was really really hungry. I would be the fastest ghoul of them all. I would slaughter my victims in seconds and not eat all of them, just take a few bites. Then I would move to the next one. This was my stamp. I also never used my kagune. The Red Vapor was S rated.

Whenever I felt angry or irritated by something, I would search for fights as the Black Fox. Literally. Whether it was to expand my territory or just let out my anger, I would even go to other wards. I would attack every ghoul I meet, always. I would leave them barely breathing, or even kill them, depends. The Black Fox was an annoying peace of shit for everyone because no one got it, I never ate, just fought. As the Black Fox, I let my kagune be as wild as I wanted it to be.

It looks like the Shadow, an SS rated ghoul, was my most powerful side. I only used this mask when there was a huge fight between ghouls and the police. Ghouls would praise the Shadow, because I always appeared to stand between them and the CCG. Because of me, ghouls had won numerous fights and killed various police officers and inspectors. I was the shield they never knew they needed. I never talked or fought, I just stood there, taking all attacks that were towards the fighting ghouls. Never wounded, never tired. Nothing pissed me more off than the CCG using kagunes they stole from ghouls they killed, to kill other ghouls. Though I personally didn't fight them, I provided the other ghouls enough time and protection for them to kill the inspectors. Ever since the Shadow appeared, all ghouls had been talking about it, saying "he" was the most powerful ghoul. Quite flattering, actually.

The most important thing for me was my anonymity. A kagune could easily get recognized, that's why I only used mine as the Black Fox. At first I was worried the CCG would make the connection between the Red Vapor and the Shadow, both not using a kagune. Therefore has no one actually seen the Red Vapor. If there were someone to see me, they would die and get eaten. Only humans saw me, so the plan worked. The police named me that, because I only left a mess of blood and inner organs after me, but was so fast there never were witnesses.

Having three different "selves" gave me a huge freedom. I could live an as much as possible peaceful life, filled with work and friends. But at night, I was a ghoul.