Kairosclerosis

The moment when you realize you're happy  

His POV

"There's no turning back now, is it." She said with a somehow nervous tone and let herself sink on the couch.

"We're gonna kick their asses though." I announced over-confidently.

Perhaps I was trying to comfort her as well as myself. Nevertheless she looked relaxed, almost drained. All I wanted was to take her in my arms and touch her. Ugh. Why did she have to look so cute, right here, right now, under these circumstances. I stretched and yawned as a shitty excuse to sit on the couch as well.

"We're gonna try to, anyways." [F/N] muttered.

"The whole story is pretty twisted actually. Like, who takes their time to come up with it? It's not even necessary. It's like creating... fucking ghost stories. It spooks some people but mostly no one cares."

She turned her head to me and looked me in the eyes, a crooked smile forming on her lips.

"Do you believe in ghosts, Ayato Kirishima?"

"Well, kind of." I hesitated with my word choice. "But we are the ones that create them."

"You mean, we haunt ourselves?"

"Suppose. Sometimes we even do such a good job, we lose track of reality."

The Black Fox made a wow movement with her mouth and I watched her pupils enlarge. Did I just imagine that? Wait what was she...

"Are you trying to say this battle could go completely wrong due to us losing track of our real chances of winning?" She questioned as she shifted closer to me.

Our legs were touching and the sudden warmth made my brain refuse to work for a millisecond.

"N-no. I mean we shouldn't get too deep into those myths, but simply fight." My damn cheeks felt warm, for fuck's sake, and I was positive she noticed it.

"It's not a bad thing, having the opportunity to surprise your opponent. We should use everything we have. Though the physicality of death destroys us, the idea of it may save us. Stay alerted is what I mean."

"How do you come up with those deep ass quotes?" I moved forwards her playfully.

"Magic." Stop smiling like this, [F/N], my knees, fuck it, my whole body feels weak.

"There's no such thing as magic." I managed to remark.

"... said the human made of stardust."

"Okay you stepped over the line."

She laughed joyfully and laid her head on my lap. Oh sweet Jesus. That was bad.

"You wanna hear more?"

"Shoot."

"For a long time I wanted to possess power and freedom. I thought this was the ultimate goal of life. But after a while I realized you don't have to live forever, you just have to live." She trailed off for a second. "I really hope you too can see that someday."

With a slight movement I ran my hand through her hair, barely touching it. I felt a sparkle inside of me, a sparkle of desire. Firstly, to keep this girl safe. Also, to make sure she felt good. My fingers finally dared to brush a lock of hair out of her face. She didn't make a comment on that, instead I had the privilege to hear more of her thoughts, to understand her world some more. It was as if my whole mind and body were being dragged into a new universe. I didn't feel like I didn't belong there, I felt welcomed.

"Call me weird," She continued. "but I think that the fact that any moment could be our last makes everything more beautiful. We laugh, we suffer, we learn. Ups and downs are unavoidable. So I simply run from the comfortable. What is safety good for? Honestly I don't know you that well but I have the impression that you're as just badass as me." I chuckled. "So maybe you'll understand. Or not."

"[F/N]...-chan. Honestly. I've never met anyone with such an attitude before." She looked up to meet my eyes, they seemed filled with expectation. "Okay, maybe I haven't met anyone worthy of talking about this before, but, uhm... I agree with you."

This was the least I could narrate. Boy, I wanted to jump around excitingly and hug [F/N] and kiss...

Kirishima.

"Really? You don't find it weird?"

"Weird? Come on, you can't expect me to find my own life view weird." I teased with a crooked smile.

All of a sudden I felt a certain coldness in my lower body. [F/N] had stood up and was observing me closely.

"When's my turn to say something deep as fuck, huh?" I raised a brow.

"Go ahead, but you won't top me." She laughed.

"Well, what do kakujas and relationships have in common?"

"What?"

"A kiss is the beginning of cannibalism."

"Damn."

We stayed silent for a while, the sentence floating in the air between us.

"Ayato...-chan..." The Black Fox mumbled, looking suddenly a bit flustered.

"Oi, d'worry. I know a few more." I joked but my smile faded as I saw her lean closer.

Our lips met without hesitation and I let her tongue taste mine. Again. Fuck, I could get used to that. No, don't. Baka, just enjoy the moment. I felt her shift on the couch and dared to pull her closer with my hand on her waist. She welcomed my half assed hug. Her hands wandered up by back and I felt shivers run down my spine. This felt so good. Too good to be real.

She lifted her leg and sat on my lap. While I was kissing her passionately I had to keep in mind where exactly she was sitting, because fuck, it was getting hot in here. She bit my lower lip and pulled it slightly. Her hand traced my jaw line and she made herself more comfortable on my lap by moving forwards. Forwards, to my most sensitive and weak area. Damnit, I wanted to feel her flesh on the tip of my fingers. But I wanted it all to last as well.

Having no idea what had led to this incredible moment, my veins filled with dopamine and my head spinning, I felt a further, unknown emotion. No, this didn't feel like the hooks ups I've had prior to now. It felt... real. It felt honest.

This all was new to me and I had no idea how to deal with it. All I knew was that I wanted to make [F/N] continually happy. For the first time ever I felt psychical bondage towards someone I was, hands down, hella turned on and physically attracted to. What did this mean?

Your POV

(more to come)

----------------------------------------------------------------

guys, question; how do you feel about smut? no reason for asking, of course.