Chapter 9: Suspicous

A few more weeks passed and it was nearing the end of September. School already started back up at home and I was still on a vacation. Mac was still asleep since he stayed out all night with the boys cooking up another order.

The sun was beating down on the house and I couldn't turn the fan on, or cook anything or even take a shower until he turned the generator on. I asked Mac about getting real electric and he said it's a waste of money. We spent hundreds of dollars in gasoline running the generator, why can't he get real electric and cut his expenses in half?

I knew this wouldn't end well, but I had to wake him up. I entered the bedroom quietly, sitting down on the edge beside him. He was laying on his back with the covers up to his waist. Placing a hand on his back I could feel the wetness. He was sweating like a pig. "Mac," I shook him a little. "Baby, wake up please!" He cracked his eye open a bit and looked at me. "What's wrong?"

He's in a good mood, yes!

"Nothing's wrong, I just wanted to know if you could turn on the generator? It's kinda hot in here. Plus I need to make dinner." Nodding, he stepped out of bed, naked. I blushed admiring his cute ass as he threw on his jumpsuit, tying it at the waist.

After we had some electric on Mac didn't go back to bed. Instead, he followed me to the kitchen and watched me cook some ham and potatoes. "You okay?" I asked him. He was being a little off today, and it wasn't just his good mood that made me ask. He kept looking out the window and watching the road like a hawk. "Yer' family is in town."

I dropped the skillet on the floor, almost hitting my toes and burning them, but Mac pulled me back in time. "Shit!" I hurried up and cleaned the mess, turning the stove off and taking a seat. "What? Why? I thought we were in the clear?" I asked. "The cops... They know it wasn't yer' body." He pulled out a smoke then grabbed his bottle of whisky. If my parents were in town that meant the cops had a good idea of where I was. I had to fight the urge to cry right now. I wanted to stay here, with Mac.

"Are they gonna find me?" I squeaked out. "Naw, baby." He didn't sound to confident in his answer. "Are they gonna take me away from you?" The tears rolled from the corners of my eyes. "Never. I won't let 'em. I promise baby. C'mere." He opened his arms taking me in his embrace.

Sitting on his lap I had my arms wrapped around his neck squeezing the shit out of him. "Please don't let them find me. I wanna stay with you, Mac! I love you goddamn it." He yanked my hair pulling my head out of his neck. I was waiting for him to yell at me again for saying I loved him.

"Fuckin' love you too," he plunged his tongue in my mouth as I was still crying. Mac loved me too, and it only took him a few months and the cops being back in town to surface it. "I won't let 'em getcha, okay?" I smiled kissing his neck, hoping that they wouldn't find me anytime soon or if I got my wish, never.

~

Another month went by and the cops were heavy as shit in town. Most of them skipped our road knowing that Mac was the only one here and Devon lived back the road with Regina. I stayed there sometimes too. Mac would leave for the day and didn't want me alone, incase the police came, so I've been staying with Devon and Regina.

Regina is a little off to say the least. Devon has her trained like a dog, she's his sex slave and it makes me uncomfortable around Devon.

I was here now, sitting on the couch curled up, and waiting for my baby to get back. It was around midnight when Mac pulled in. I was so excited to see him come home at night because that meant the cops never found him. That was my biggest fear, he'd leave one day and the cops would find him.

When Mac got to the door I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank god you're back." He kissed my temple stepping inside with one arm around my waist. "I know, where's the fucker at?" He looked around for Devon. "With... Uh... Regina. He took her to their bedroom." We could hear the bed hitting the wall. "Let's get outta here," he grumbled.