Thorin

Sun seeped through the curtains shining across the room shining into your eyes. You sat up slowly trying to piece everything together. Suddenly you felt a pounding sensation in your head causing you to gasp in pain, a wave of hotness rushed over you making you want to throw up causing you to collapse back down onto the poorly stuffed mattress. The door then creaked open, a broad figure stood in the doorway then walked over to the bedside. Your eyes traveled up the figure to find that it as Thorin.

" Whats going on?" you asked in a raspy voice.

" Your sick, pretty sure its just a fever though." He said as he sat down on the bed.

You turned your head a little to face him " I'll be fine, right?"

He looked at you with a straight face but his eyes were full of sympathy, he swallowed hard.

" I.. urmm...."

Panic rushed over you at the uncertainty of his answer, you sat up quickly causing your head to pulse once more and your vision to blur a little but you tried to hide the pain by biting your bottom lip.

"Thorin tell me honestly will I be ok?"

He shifted uncomfortably then cleared his throat. " The healer says you will have to be in here a while, they are doing their best"

You looked down at your lap discouraged and feeling vulnerable not knowing how long you would be stuck in here, what if it got worst? Thorin must have seen the anxiousness in your face and pulled you into a tight hug. You buried your face in his shoulder and gripped the back of his fur cloak tightly.

" You're going to be alright nothing bad is going to happen as long as can help it" he whispered softly into your ear. Then pulled away and tilted your chin up so you were looking him in the eyes " understood?"

You smiled weakly and nodded slowly.

" Now get some rest you'll be needing it " Thorin said as he stood up.He then kissed your forehead lightly. You layed back down on the bed and he pulled the blankets over you tucking you in and then sat in a chair next to the bed and began to hum softly lulling you to a peaceful sleep.