Chapter10: Revelations

CHAPTER 10

I gaped at him. He can’t be serious, can he? I know he looks all tough and bad boy and all, but a street fighter?

“You said you won’t judge,” he murmured with his eyes still closed.

“I’m not judging you … It’s just … It’s .. Wow .. I’m shocked, that’s all!”

He pulled back from me and laid on my bed, putting his arms underneath his head resting on them, “But you can’t tell anyone about it.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s a secret,” he shrugged.

“No, I mean why are you a street fighter?” I looked at him straight in his eyes.

He took a large breath, “Remember when I told you my sister has cancer?”

“Yeah,” I whispered.

“Well, at first we had no problem on the hospital bills but as the time went by, the bill is increasing. Even if they don’t show it to me, I know they’re having a hard time to pay so much,” he ran his fingers through his silky brown hair wildly messing it. He closed his eyes then slumped more on the pillow, “I have this friend of mine, Darren, he’s a street fighter. He introduced me to the field and told me he would help me to get better. He trained me to be a great fighter. If I take some blows it might be painful but it’s worth it once I win. I get a large amount of money that’s enough to help my parents and sustain myself.”

“How come I only saw you beaten up today,” I wondered out loud.

“Hey I’m not beaten up!” he scowled.

“No I mean, I should’ve seen you with a bruise or a cut or something right?” I hit him with my pillow.

“I only fight thrice a month, sometimes I don’t. Today’s the first for this month,” he shrugged.

“Oh, I think it’s kinda cool,”

“Huh?” he raised his eyebrow at my response.

“That you’re a fighter. You get to beat up some jerk’s ass. You could punch him in the face and be like this superhero when you beat him up and you stand, you put your feet on him and you –”

I was cut off by Daniel’s loud laughter filling my ears.

“What?” I asked dumbfounded.

“You’re the only girl who would think like that,” he shakes his head at me while I beam at him.

“Hey, I’ve open up to you many times kitten, I think it’s your turn,” he smirked but I only stiffed.

I guess I can tell Daniel some but I will definitely not tell him what he did to me.

I took a heavy breath but before I could speak, Daniel grabbed a pack of chocolates and threw it at me while he drank his orange juice. I smiled goofily as I start to munch on my chocolate.

“My mom died of cancer,” I blurted out causing Daniel to choke on his orange juice.

When he recovered, he faced me confusion written all over his place, “But Dianna … She’s your .. Ah …” he trailed off.

“I’m adopted. You know  *sneeze* nevermind,” I don’t want to sneeze more on his face, though that would be an entertainment.

“What happened?” he asked in a whisper while gazing at me intently.