Chapter 27: I'm so mean

Chapter 27

“Daniel, I think you should go outside for a while.”

“But Dianna, I can’t leave her here without kno—,”

“Daniel, just go… You need some fresh air to think clearly,” she smiled at him.

“Fine,” he grumbled.

He looked at me for a moment. I can see that he’s having an inner battle with himself as he hesitates to move an inch. He looked down after a while and started trudging towards the door slowly.

As he finally opened the door, he stopped midway and whispered, his back still facing me. “Just call me if you…” he trailed off and finally left, closing the door gently.

So gentle as if he’s debating whether to come back or just go. I stared longingly at the door like a fool.

“Uhm… Sw-sweetie hey. Are you uhm, alright? I’m your mother and yo—,”

I cut her off instantly. “Mom, I remember you,” I rolled my eyes.

“Y-you do?” Dad’s eyes almost popped out.

“Yes I do. I didn’t even forget any of you,” I scoffed instantly regretting it as I felt a pang in my stomach.

“But you just… he went… he’s out… you told him… what?”

If I have the energy I would’ve laughed at my mom’s confused expressions.

“I just pretended that I didn’t know him, okay?”

“Why?”

“Serves him a lesson,” I scowled.

“You never fail to amuse me, daughter dearest,” dad shakes his head, an amused smile plastered on his face.

“Sammy poo, you’re awake!” I didn’t notice Cameron behind dad. His eyes looked red and puffy and I hate the fact that I was the one who caused him that.

“Come here Cam.”

“You scared me Sammy,” he pouted. Awwwww, he looks so adorable that I wanna cry.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be safe now,” I smiled sadly at him.

Dad cleared his throat, “why don’t you come with me Cameron, I’ll call the doctor.”

“Okayyyy. Don’t get up yet Sammy, understood?” Cameron looked at me sternly. Well, he tried to look stern but he just looks so adorable.

“Aye aye, captain,” I mock him with a weak salute and instantly winced at my broken wrist.

When the door closed, mom looked at me with a scrutinizing gaze.

“What?”

“Spill”

“What will I tell you?”

“Come on, don’t act innocent with me. Why did you do that to Daniel?”

“Sort of a punishment for him ignoring me,” I snorted.

“I won’t tell you that what you’re planning is wrong because I know that you’re hurt, but just know that he hasn’t left your side since you were admitted here.”