IV

FOUR

-Isabel-

Glancing at myself in the mirror, I adjust the top Cierra gave me to wear for the fifth time. It's a black, tight and I mean tight, V-neck tee with the Knight's logo scrolled across the chest. The v gives more than a peek at my girls and the hem of the shirt stops a few inches below my breasts. Seriously?

I'm uncomfortable to say the least and I don't know how these other girls can walk around with so much skin on show because it's definitely not my thing. When Cierra handed it to me this morning, she laughed at the look on my face.

"Sorry girl, all the female, floor staff need to wear it. It's either this or a t-shirt dress." She said. The t-shirt dress was no better. I'm glad she let me run home before my shift started because the high-waist black jeans I grabbed before coming back saved me.

Much better, I thought—pulling up the jeans a little more. My breasts were still slightly more on show than I would have like them to be but I looked far more decent now that my belly button was covered. A tiny sliver of skin on my mid-riff was bared but it wasn't too bad. I opted for some wedged black heels to finish off the outfit.

Cierra mentioned that the boss preferred all the girls wearing heels but we were allowed to wear flats too. Considering that I'm only five-foot-three, I decided against flats since I didn't want people knocking over drinks because they didn't notice me.

"Hey, Isabel, right?" Looking to my left, I find a tall, natural blonde wearing the same tee as me but with a short mini skirt paired with it.

"Yes, that's me."

"I'm Megan," The girl holds out her hand, "one of the more friendly waitresses," she whispers.

"There are unfriendly ones?" I whisper back with a smile, whilst shaking her hand.

"Look around you." She laughs. "They stick out like sore thumbs."

Discreetly, I glance around the staff room and sure enough, there are a few girls burning me with an annoyed look. Well then, I guess I know which ones I'll be staying away from.

"Don't worry about them though." Megan reassures. "They look meaner than they are. They won't touch you because they can't afford to break a nail." She rolls her eyes and I smile again, deciding that I like Megan.

"Anyway, let's go. Cierra wants me to show you the ropes before it gets too busy down there."

Busy was more than an understatement. I knew it got chaotic in this place when it hit nine but I would have never anticipated just how bad it was. Endless amounts of bodies filled every corner of the club, dancing, sweating and grinding against each other. My tray was never, not holding something since it occupied empty glasses if not full ones.

I squeeze my way through the sea of people all the while balancing a tray full of empty glasses above my head. I hadn't dropped one yet and I was extremely proud of myself for it.

"How are you doing?" Greg speaks loud over the music as I come behind the bar.

"I'm good. Just trying not to get knocked over is a slight challenge." I laugh and he joins me. Greg says something else but I don't hear him. I mouth 'what' to him.

"I said; you're doing amazing for your first night." He leans in close to my ear, and I pull back and tell him thanks. A customer shouts for him at the end of the bar causing our conversation to be cut short.

I turn at the moment that Megan comes behind the bar, placing her empty tray on the counter. "Could you do me a quick favour?" She shouts as she pulls out a bottle of Merlot from the wine slot.