3

CHAPTER THREE

"welcome to my humble abode; mi casa es tu casa" olive walks into her big apartment and dumps her shopping bag on the floor next to the door. "just put your bags there." she says to calum. he places his bags there and walks over to where olive was in the kitchen area. she was fiddling with the kettle in the corner,so he just leant on the breakfast bar.

"so what do you do? this is a nice place, olive!" she chuckles , turning on the kettle.

"not much. i'm a model, all i do is stand in front of a camera and look pretty." she sighs,making her way over to face calum by the breakfast bar. "it's very boring, really, the only reason i do it is because i dropped out of school." calum smiles and lifts his hand up.

"me too! high five"she rolls her eyes , ignoring his raised hand. "so, can i hear some of your music?" she says , lifting up her speaker.

he takes the speaker ,then his phone, and plays she's kinda hot. "it's new, what do you think?" she listens for a minute. they were much better than she expected. much better. "it's actually pretty good, calum! well done ,you have surprised me."

she goes over to sit on her couch,gesturing for calum to do the same. "do you play instruments?"

"yeah,i play bass." olive was impressed. most bands these days aren't even bands. no hate towards 1D ,though, she loved those boys. "do you play an instrument?" calum asked.

"i used to, in secondary school. bass, in fact. i was in a band, and we even got a record deal" that was surprising. if she had a record deal, why is she now a model? "they dropped us after nobody bought our e.p, but we carried on on youtube 'till we were supposed to go to college - i didn't."

he nodded. "we were found over youtube ,actually. louis from one direction sort of brought us on the tour as a warm up act, and then everything spiralled into where we are today."

a couple years ago, that was olive's dream - to be found by somebody big, and make music. but now it was different. all she wanted to be now is dead. olive didn't realise until now that the music had stopped. "can i hear another song?",she asks. 

calum stands up and taps on his phone for a couple minutes, when the music comes on he comes and sits back on the sofa with olive. "i put it on playlist." 

"cool. what's this one called?" it was very edgy and olive liked edgy. "permanent vacation. it's actually not out in studio version yet so.." calum brings a finger to his lips "shh."

-unedited