Part 1

It was a new morning. The four ponies have been spending their days at Mountain's Shade, an apartment and Ski Lodge right behind Neighagra Falls. Almost everyday, the ponies would travel in a different direction, exploring and getting to know each other more and more. It was a wonderful life, and an even greater friendship.

But, it wasn't until Double Diamond got a letter from the Crystal Empire Snow Team... The team wanted him to play in Equestria's Winter Games! They had heard that he was a skilled skier, probably the best one around, and they insisted that he attended the tryouts. The Crystal Empire was only a day's trip, and the tickets were already payed for. It was a dream come true for the snow-white stallion, but the other's felt different.

"DD, you know that's the day of Party Favor and Sugar Belle's birthday, right?" Night Glider said, looking over at Double Diamond.

Sugar Belle didn't really know what to say, but Party Favor spoke up for the both of them.

"Diamond, listen... We're proud of you." He said, putting a hood on his friend's shoulder. "But this party is important to me and sis. We've been saving up bits-" Party Favor's face was lighting up with excitement, and Sugar jumped in to finish the statement.

"-and we bought tickets to Appleoosa!" She said.

Double Diamond stared in confusion. "...Appleoosa? We've been there about a million times!" He said with a small and nervous smile.

Party Favor shook his head. "No, not just for any old visit." He said.

Sugar chimed in once more. "We got a map, tour guide, and everything!" She squeaked out, and the twins exchanged exhilarated glances.

The two beamed, and in perfect harmony, they announced:
"We're trekking the Appleachian Trail!"

(A/N- Get it? APPLEachian, not Appalachian! Heh... Ok, continue.)

Double Diamond stood there in surprise, as the twins handed him a small pamphlet. Applachian Trail was written on the front in bold letters. "Wait- The Appleachian Trail? The longest trail in Equestria?" He asked, a smile spreading across his face. The twins nodded up in down, and Night Glider trotted up beside them, putting a hoof around their neck.

"See, man? This is a once in a lifetime thing... And your the best Skier 'round. I'm sure you'll get another chance at the games." Night Glider said, in her usual cool-and-care-free tone.

Double Diamond's smile quickly faded. "Oh, right... The Games..." He replied, setting down the pamphlet. The three ponies gave each other confused glances. What would he choose?

"Guys, this is awesome, really-" He began. Nigh Glider was quick to cut him off. Her expression changed from happiness, to disappointment.

"Come on, DD." She said, walking over to him. "I know what you're going to say... And my answer is it's us, or the games." She said, stepping back next to Party Favor and Sugar Belle. She smiled, almost positive that Double would change his mind.

"Diamond, we really want you to come. I got campfire recipes and everything!" Sugar Belle said with a small smile. Double Diamond smiled back, but his heart was still set on the games. Night Glider wasn't as sweet towards the stallion... She could read expressions easily.

"Double Diamond, listen." She said, her anger slowly rising. Double looked up in surprise... Night usually calls him by his nickname, DD. "If your not going to come, then that's that... But don't think we'll want to be your friend anymore." She said, staring down at the floor.

Party favor piped up at her. "Hey, we never said we wouldn't be his friend. This is Double's dream! His destiny is skiing!" Party said. He waved his hoof around in annoyance. "...So your just putting words in our mouth!" Party Favor wrinkled his muzzle and crossed his hooves.

"Yea, go easy on him! The trail was free, so- Oh wait, the extra ticket to Appleoosa..." Sugar said. She rubbed her head, wondering if she could still return it. "W-Well, are you sure you don't want to come with us? It would be a lot of fun." She said, turning to Double Diamond with a nervous smile.

"I-I'm sorry..." He said, trying to be as sincere as possible. Double looked around... Party Favor was just plain annoyed, Night Glider was on the verge of rage, and while Sugar Belle wouldn't show it... But he knew she was very upset and disappointed. Double took a step back, not really knowing what to do. He turned around, and grabbed his ski helmet.

Night Glider's head eyes shot up at him. "What are you doing?" She asked, trying not to sound angry.

Double turned. "I... I Just gotta go think for a while." He said, and rushed out the door, leaving the three ponies behind.

A/N-
Oh no! Poor, confused Double! What will he choose?
Also, realization: Sugar Belle and Night Glider's ship name would be Sugar Glider. Hehe.