Back Together - A Steven Universe Oneshot

Author's Note: Hi! I am so glad that I'm able to share this fanfic with you guys. It's one of the first I've ever done, and the first I've done for Steven Universe. Sorry if personalities are slightly off. That being said, please don't flame, but constructive criticism will be taken with open arms. I love Steven Universe, and I love these two little nerds. Let's read! I hope you enjoy.

 "Ruby," Sapphire murmured, her voice delicate and seemingly nervous. "Would you fuse with me? Please?"

The words that so desperately flowed out of the blue gem's mouth could only be described as random. She and her partner, Ruby, had only been sitting near each other, not touching, but merely enjoying each other's company on the floor of Sapphire's room before she had popped the question. Ruby looked up, not bothering to hide the surprise that was evident on her facial expression. Her eyes were slightly widened, eyebrows higher on her face than usual, and mouth slightly agape. The two Crystal Gems only fused for battle and dangerous situations. It was strange that Sapphire would want to fuse while they were just enjoying themselves together.

"What?" Ruby asked, cocking her head slightly to the side. "Why?" She froze, suddenly looking alarmed; the emotion in Ruby's eyes switched from confusion to fear."Did you see something with your Sight? Are the others safe? Where do we need to go?" Ruby sprung up from the position she was sitting in, waving her arms frantically and waiting for a response. The red gem was met with silence for seconds that seemed like hours.

Sapphire looked up at her partner, then at the ground. "No, everyone's okay. There's not trouble, Ruby. I...I just want to fuse with you."

Ruby sat down.

Fusion had always been taboo on Homeworld. The mere mention of it could make a Gem sneer, look uncomfortable, or show obvious disgust. It was seen as a way to make Gems stronger, and it was never considered to be useful for anything but battle. Many Gems didn't even fuse in battle; they were too proud to ever think joining forces with someone would make them more powerful. Generally, it was looked down upon as vile and unnecessary. It was judged mercilessly and harshly. But Sapphire had a stronger opinion on fusion that she hoped Ruby shared. Fusion wasn't just about being strong.

Garnet, the lovely fusion that the two Crystal Gems made, was different from any other fusion Sapphire had heard of or been part of. It felt good  to be Garnet. Scratch that, it was amazing. The feeling of being Garnet could only be described as ecstasy. Something about her was enticing. The way she and Ruby could have each other's pulse match up with the fusion, feel same things at once; the way they were all a singular being but somehow not a singular being at all... It was incredible.

Many fusions seemed to eventually go wild after a few hours and gained minds of their own, but Garnet was unique. Sometimes, the two Gems would fuse for many days in battle, and Garnet still embraced the two of them with open, warm arms. She loved them. She was aware of Ruby and Sapphire's existence within her, and she acknowledged their adoration for each other. Garnet loved the way Ruby could see the future, and the way Sapphire could see the world with more than her original one eye. She loved way they moved together without trouble or misdirection. Garnet loved them. They synced up without flaw. 

Garnet would never forget them, and would never forget that she wasn't alone. All three of them were in perfect harmony. They were an experience, and a blissful one at that. The fusion always seemed disappointed when they had to come undone. It didn't seem like it was because she would vanish from the world, though, but because Ruby and Sapphire would go separate ways once again. Garnet was something special, and Sapphire couldn't be told otherwise.

"Are you sure you want to?"

More than sure.

Sapphire nodded. "Yes, I do." Ruby breathed in sharply, almost nervously, as she inched even closer to her lover. The hand that was marked with her gem played aimlessly with the flowy layers of her magnificent dress. Sapphire could feel how overheated the red gem was; smoke was beginning to form in the air and she could feel the heat as her lover touched her. As soon as Ruby noticed, she retracted her hand from the fabric. Her face grew a stunningly bright shade of red from the heat that was building up, and from her own embarrassment that was building up. She was beautiful. Sapphire shivered and reached up to press her cool hand to Ruby's warm cheek.

Ruby covered Sapphire's small hand with both of her own and tugged her even closer to her; now the two gems were just barely brushing against each other, almost overlapping. Ruby was thankful for the coolness of Sapphire's body; she near felt herself catch aflame.

"Y-you know," Ruby finally managed to whisper. "I like being Garnet with you. I like it a little too much. I-It's addicting. I can't stop thinking about it. I-I can't stop thinking about us, Sapphire."

"Me neither," Sapphire replied. "That's... why I want to fuse so badly, even if it's just for a little bit. I know the other's wouldn't like it, but I just..."

"I know." She felt Ruby wrap her strong arms around her waist, and she was gently guided on to her lap. She sprawled out on top of her, her head resting on Ruby's shoulder and her legs in between Ruby's own. She melted even more as she felt the sensual touch of the the red gem. Her hands were stroking her body in a way only she could. She started from her neck and ended mid-thigh. Sapphire particularly liked the way she had paused nearby her chest to cup and knead at her covered breasts until she emitted a small mewl. She liked the way Ruby gently caressed her frame, the way she teased at her thighs. She liked it all. She liked Ruby. She sighed, her own hands itching to touch Ruby.

"Hey, Sapphire?" Ruby suddenly said, her hands stopping to rest on her partner's waist.

"What?"

Ruby carefully turned Sapphire around so two were facing one another. She gazed at her partner's bangs, silently asking for permission. Sapphire nodded, and let the red gem move the hair away from her face. Ruby stared into her single ice-blue eye, enchanted by her beauty.

"I love you."

Sapphire smiled softly. "I love you too." With that, the blue gem closed the narrow space between them both, delicately capturing Ruby's lips to her own. Ruby responded eagerly, making sure the kiss grew in gradually in intensity. The two gems felt both hot and cold at once, both breathless and full of air...

Sapphire swiftly took advantage of her position of straddling Ruby and softly shoved her on to her back without breaking the kiss that was quickly growing more and more needy. Sapphire had Ruby pinned down, the red gem's arms above her head as she was at her partner's mercy. They continued their makeout session until chuckles and giggles emitted into each other mouths. They broke the kiss and touched foreheads, Sapphire still hovering on top of Ruby. Their eyes met yet again, followed by more gleeful laughter. It was a complete state of bliss. They didn't even notice how their gems glimmered and set aglow with a magnificent, pure light until they had completely fazed into one another. Suddenly, they were looking out of the same eyes, and feeling the jubilant embrace of a certain fusion. They were Garnet again, and it felt too right to have ever been wrong.

Let's stay like this for a while.

Okay.

Garnet grinned ear-to-ear, all three of her eyes dreamy as she pressed her hands together so the gems touched.

Author's Note - 2: Hey! It's me again. I'm appreciative of your feedback, so let me know what you think! Thank you so much for reading. Have a great day!

- Gri