Kiss Me Forever[Chapter 4]

4

One day, while Athan and I were walking back to the palace from taking a hike in the forest, a girlish squeal shattered my eardrums.

"Athan Darling!" Then I saw a flurry of pink sprinting to him. He was immediately hugged by the bimbo who called him. "Oh, God! How I missed you," The tramp kissed him full on the mouth. "I was waiting for hours for you," Another kiss. "I missed you so much." Before the strumpet could kiss him a third time, Athan held her away from him at arms length.

He took a glance at me and when I just raised my brow at him, he shrugged.

The minx noticed her Athan Darling's attention was not on her anymore. She pouted and eyed me from head to toe. "So, Athan Darling, where have you been?"

"Forest," Athan answered curtly.

"And you were with her?" She drawled in that maddening tone.

"Yes."

The woman's eyes narrowed. "So, who is she?"

"Gaia."

I found myself grinning at Athan's monosyllabic answers.

She glared. "Gaia." She studied me again from head to toe. "You must be a servant here."

"I work here, yes." I answered.

"And you must also be Athan's latest bed partner," She smirked. "But don't get any hopes up, dear, you're just for this-"

"Katharina," Athan warned in a deadly voice and gripped the woman's arm. "Be careful with how you speak."

So the slut has a name. Katharina. Psh!

"But, Athan Darling, I should tell her you don't take lovers for more than a month before she gets any idea about you and her living happily ever after." She patted his cheek.

I saw Athan gritting his teeth together. "Go in, Gaia. I'll talk to you later."

"That means never," Katharina chimed in. I sent her a brief glance and walked back to my quarters without another word.

As I lay on my bed that night, I couldn't help but compare me to Katharina. Obviously, she and Athan are some sort of connected. I didn't want to say lovers. What kind of woman would turn a blind eye to her lover's extra affairs?

Katharina was supermodel beautiful. She is one of those blonde bombshells every man seemed to want. She looks like she's from a rich family too. And what am I? Nothing.

Suddenly, I felt my temper rising? Why am I troubling myself with this woman's place in Athan's life? It's not like we are exclusively dating. He can have any woman he want and I can...find some men to bribe to be with me. Ugh! I am such a mess.

Tomorrow I would confront Athan and say there could be no more walks in the woods.

--

"Athan Darling, you seem bothered," Katharina slid his hand up his arm. His eyes hardened. "What could I do for you?" She whispered invitingly.

He glared. "Nothing, Katharina."

"But..." she paused. "Is this about that Gaia girl? Oh, please! Don't tell me you're taken by her. She's nothing but a servant. An ambitious servant," She snorted indelicately. "What was she thinking dallying with you? Maybe she harbored some hope of becoming your Crown Princess. But serving whores can never be-"

Athan swung around from the rails of the balcony. "Repeat that again."

Katharina did not see the deadly glint in his eyes. "She's a whore. A tramp who wants to bait you for her own gain."